Why do we stay with Russell Athletic?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I read somewhere else there's a "buzz" that UA might be falling out of the picture in the next uni deal. Looks to be "rivals" Adidas and Nike as the only ones seriously in the running.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Anyone here that's "close" to the football/basketball programs or the athletic dept have an idea of who they prefer to sign with? And do they have any say in it or is it more about $$$ and taking the best deal?

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Anyone here that's "close" to the football/basketball programs or the athletic dept have an idea of who they prefer to sign with? And do they have any say in it or is it more about $$$ and taking the best deal?
Both coaches prefer Nike but also understand that it is a $$$ game and so far Nike hasn't come to the table with enough. Despite what KQ has said, Under Armour is still very much in play from what I was told from rep.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
contract w/ Russell is up April of 2018, expect an announcement in early 2018. I don't see an early termination happening but if it did it would have to happen in next 2-3 months.
contract w/ Russell is up April of 2018, expect an announcement in early 2018. I don't see an early termination happening but if it did it would have to happen in next 2-3 months.
Thank you. I'm a Nike guy but I get the feeling if UA is still involved that's who we ultimately end up with.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Just looking from a quick if I were the companies perspective. There's almost no incentive for Nike to make a big bid for Tech whereas there is incentive for UA to make sure they win Tech.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Starting to sound like people are putting word out to keep our expectations low. It's beginning to look like GT lost out on the all the money apparel companies were throwing around the last few seasons and we're coming in when the those companies are starting to realize "Oh, wait, we may have overpaid too many schools...."

If UA isn't at the table, it's going to get depressing because they're the most aggressive of the apparel companies with the programs like GT. Still boggles my mind that the powers that be never included a market "look-in" clause half way through the term of our deal with Russell.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Adidas boost are the ****. Only shoes I'll run or play ball in from now on. If they have that technology in there football cleats I'd be all for it. But there uniforms I'm seeing during the NCAA tournament and football season are hideous.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
For those who don't what the guys are talking in regards to the Nike tops

IMG_0711.JPG

Nike unveiled its new Vapor Basketball Uniforms, an innovative system of knit jerseys and shorts that utilizes light, breathable AeroSwift technology and a series of base layers.

I'm not a fan of either. Looks like a wife-beater

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Guys. All three are in play and gt will simply pick the best deal. What coaches prefer cuz of player feedback is minor. Gt views all three as viable with ua and nike slightly above addidas