Why do we stay with Russell Athletic?

Techster

Helluva Engineer

GTFLETCH

Banned
If we are trying to overcome our recruiting negatives... it is really between UA and Nike as Adidas would not be much of a step up from RA...

Now if we are talking money then it is between UA and Adidas and whoever offers the most we need to go with as Nike does not need us.

The constant in this is UA... I suspect we get a 3M per year offer from UA nd some marketing/branding perks that I hope we use.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'm really hoping Nike decides to jump in. Personally, I'm not a fan of UA or Adidas as far as design for uniforms, especially Adidas. Shoe wise, Adidas is far above UA. There boost technology is superior to anything Nike has for comfort, but appearance wise, Nike has them beat. I just dont see us having much apeal to Nike. Ultimately I think it ends up being UA but whomever it is it'll be 100 times better than what we have now.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Just rcvd a pair of shorts off fanatics made by "coliseum" and I must say I really like em. Also got a RA "stealth" woven pullover. It's pretty nice

Harry73127

Georgia Tech Fan
If you make a custom team uniform on Russell's website, you can choose between "Gold" and "GT Gold" as color options. That's pretty cool at least...

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Yeah those shoes are not the greatest appealing shoe but this what is has going for it:

1) they are James Harden signatures shoes and a team exclusives. Kids are sheep when it comes to that type of stuff

This shoe and the adidas Crazy explosives are have been voted by many sources as the Best Basketball shoes on the market. The jerseys are not bad either.

As @RyanS12 stated, there is nothing from the Big 3 that stands completely out. Imo currently:

Shoes/technology:
Adidas> Nike & UA combine

Designs
Nike>UA>Adidas

Apparel
UA>Nike>Adidas

Appeal
Nike>=Adidas> UA

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The more I see these women's jerseys Nike keeps putting on men's cbb teams, the more I lean toward UA for us.