Why blitz??

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Well maybe because we've seen the 3-4 ran here (too complicated), ran 4-2-5 w/ Wommack (too soft, fired), now Roof is too soft to or not aggressive enough. Like I said give Roof 8 years to get his players in and them maybe you can complain. This is his 4th year at the helm of our defense. He controls the defense and personal like the OC does on his side of the ball. He should get the same chance. No? Talk about family turning on each other. Roof is family.
I'm sorry but it's a business you have to put that family junk aside. And 8 years? This has to be a joke right? After next year he will have had a full cycle of his players, actually most of the starting D is his own players lol and yet you see where we are. You named other guys, but I never said they were good nor am I talking about them. Im specifically talking about roof and how his D has not gotten the job done. Idc about the past coaches I care about what's going on right now. Should we make better hires, probably. But we shouldn't keep roof based off of what other coaches have done in the past. If every team that use to be sorry in the past and is good now applied this rule of well the last guy we hired was about the same so we might as well keep this coach because others haven't been able to figure it out, then they would still be bad teams, but instead they fire coaches and finally make the right hire, which is what I believe we need to do. Show me one thing that is good about his scheme or coaching? Because I can show you multiple things about his scheme that does not work at Georgia Tech.

I'm sorry but it's a business you have to put that family junk aside. And 8 years? This has to be a joke right? After next year he will have had a full cycle of his players, actually most of the starting D is his own players lol and yet you see where we are. You named other guys, but I never said they were good nor am I talking about them. Im specifically talking about roof and how his D has not gotten the job done. Idc about the past coaches I care about what's going on right now. Should we make better hires, probably. But we shouldn't keep roof based off of what other coaches have done in the past. If every team that use to be sorry in the past and is good now applied this rule of well the last guy we hired was about the same so we might as well keep this coach because others haven't been able to figure it out, then they would still be bad teams, but instead they fire coaches and finally make the right hire, which is what I believe we need to do. Show me one thing that is good about his scheme or coaching? Because I can show you multiple things about his scheme that does not work at Georgia Tech.
Bringing up the prior coaches is to represent the only constant to our bad defense is the head ball coach. Roof is still playing with Groh players. The same problems we had today we've had since Paul took over the program. This is the 9th year we've had a piss poor defense. Explain that? Seriously, when have had decent defense in the last 9 years? Answer is easy. We haven't. This like blaming everything bad about Obama on Bush. Roof has been dealt a bad hand that he's cleaning up. Unlike the OC who was dealt a favorable hand when he took over as far as personal goes.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Bringing up the prior coaches is to represent the only constant to our bad defense is the head ball coach. Roof is still playing with Groh players. The same problems we had today we've had since Paul took over the program. This is the 9th year we've had a piss poor defense. Explain that? Seriously, when have had decent defense in the last 9 years? Answer is easy. We haven't. This like blaming everything bad about Obama on Bush. Roof has been dealt a bad hand that he's cleaning up. Unlike the OC who was dealt a favorable hand when he took over as far as personal goes.
I explained why it's been bad, I said we have made the wrong hire. This doesn't take away from what I said about other teams going from bad to good. Why should we keep roof? It shouldn't take 8 years, that's just ridiculous. You say roof is playing grohs players, funny thing is our best guys on D are grohs players lol, Pj Davis and gamble. Besides that the juniors are roofs and by now they should be making a difference, do you disagree with that? Since roof has been here grohs players have been better than the ones roof has recruited Johnson, nealy, Gotsis, white, Thomas and the list goes on. so please show me where roof was dealt a bad hand? Clearly grohs guys made a bigger impact and beyond that roof has 3 classes of his own, I'm sorry but that's enough time especially when the seniors that aren't your recruits are the best you have on D. I do blame cpj in a way for his hires but I also think it's hard on him when he has a small pool to pick from because of money and big time D coordinators not wanting to be at GT, in a way his hands are kinda tied until the ateletic department starts helping with money ect. But even with all this we should be putting a better D on the field imo, but we don't run a scheme to help.

Yeah, I'm sure CPJ doesn't care about what happens on defense. I'm sure he's willing to
I explained why it's been bad, I said we have made the wrong hire. This doesn't take away from what I said about other teams going from bad to good. Why should we keep roof? It shouldn't take 8 years, that's just ridiculous. You say roof is playing grohs players, funny thing is our best guys on D are grohs players lol, Pj Davis and gamble. Besides that the juniors are roofs and by now they should be making a difference, do you disagree with that? Since roof has been here grohs players have been better than the ones roof has recruited Johnson, nealy, Gotsis, white, Thomas and the list goes on. so please show me where roof was dealt a bad hand? Clearly grohs guys made a bigger impact and beyond that roof has 3 classes of his own, I'm sorry but that's enough time especially when the seniors that aren't your recruits are the best you have on D.
First Johnson hasn't recruited defensive players. Johnson doesn't recruit. His asst coaches do. I would say Roof and Pelton had to have at least two years to establish HS contacts and build relationships. Then Tech needs to find athletes that can stay in school and won't do what the 3 DL that flunked out Roof's first year. Yeah he lost 3 DL that were counted on to contribute for 3 plus years. Which forced Gamble to now be a DT instead of DE, which forced Kallion to DT instead of DE, which allowed Adam to start before he was ready. So excluding the first two classes because just like Paul when he arrived he got a reprieve for his first couple of classes. This is Ted's first class he has a stamp on it and I'd say it's pretty good. Last year's class was also pretty good for the defense. I have to ask this: did you actually think Ted Roof would come to Tech and in year one change to talent level and production of a bad defense? I asked the 8 year question, which obviously went right over your head, because the OC has been here 8 years and assignments, reads, ability, is still being questioned. No it shouldn't take 8 years for either side of the ball.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
First Johnson hasn't recruited defensive players. Johnson doesn't recruit. His asst coaches do. I would say Roof and Pelton had to have at least two years to establish HS contacts and build relationships. Then Tech needs to find athletes that can stay in school and won't do what the 3 DL that flunked out Roof's first year. Yeah he lost 3 DL that were counted on to contribute for 3 plus years. Which forced Gamble to now be a DT instead of DE, which forced Kallion to DT instead of DE, which allowed Adam to start before he was ready. So excluding the first two classes because just like Paul when he arrived he got a reprieve for his first couple of classes. This is Ted's first class he has a stamp on it and I'd say it's pretty good. Last year's class was also pretty good for the defense. I have to ask this: did you actually think Ted Roof would come to Tech and in year one change to talent level and production of a bad defense? I asked the 8 year question, which obviously went right over your head, because the OC has been here 8 years and assignments, reads, ability, is still being questioned. No it shouldn't take 8 years for either side of the ball.
I never said Johnson recruits D players? But it's your opinion against mine so it's really not a big deal.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
1. Brandon Adams needs to play more. Others on here have noted this. If conditioning is a problem then just instruct him to lay on the ground when he is too tired if the other team is going hurry up. The refs will stop the play and allow him to walk off the field. He's too good not to see the field more.

2. Terrell Lewis needs to play more IMO.

3. Brant Mitchell takes himself out of plays.. I don't understand what has happened with him considering he was much better last year. Watch Blue's opening drive run, there are two blockers and three defenders and Mitchell just kind of moves out of the way. Again, on goal-line when Blue scored over right tackle he just ran up field and completely took himself out of the play. He is better than that.

4. I'm frustrated with the Austin twins. It seems they are thrown against more often than our other DB's and for good reason.

5. These are just my opinions and it is very possible that Roof's coaching has a lot to do with some of these. I'll defer to those more football smart than I.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
1. Brandon Adams needs to play more. Others on here have noted this. If conditioning is a problem then just instruct him to lay on the ground when he is too tired if the other team is going hurry up. The refs will stop the play and allow him to walk off the field. He's too good not to see the field more.

2. Terrell Lewis needs to play more IMO.

3. Brant Mitchell takes himself out of plays.. I don't understand what has happened with him considering he was much better last year. Watch Blue's opening drive run, there are two blockers and three defenders and Mitchell just kind of moves out of the way. Again, on goal-line when Blue scored over right tackle he just ran up field and completely took himself out of the play. He is better than that.

4. I'm frustrated with the Austin twins. It seems they are thrown against more often than our other DB's and for good reason.

5. These are just my opinions and it is very possible that Roof's coaching has a lot to do with some of these. I'll defer to those more football smart than I.
I said before the year I was very worried about our secondary. I think Lance has played very well. His size hinders him but I'd take 4 Lance's if I could.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I would just like a D coordinator to take over, and have a meeting with the whole D telling them no one has a spot and everyone will have to win their position. I don't feel that is the case, that the best are actually playing.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
You blitz because you need to dictate what happens on the field, whether good or bad. I get
So tired of seeing offenses setting the tone of the game. And you don't send the same ol A or b gap blitz unless you've watched something on film that would create a mismatch. Blitzing and bump n run creates more often than not low percentage throws.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
You blitz because you need to dictate what happens on the field, whether good or bad. I get
So tired of seeing offenses setting the tone of the game. And you don't send the same ol A or b gap blitz unless you've watched something on film that would create a mismatch. Blitzing and bump n run creates more often than not low percentage throws.
I agree you don't blitz the same a and b gap unless you have seen something on film, but if it isn't working then make adjustment in game and fix it. Also it's easier to pick up when you know it's coming, it was so obvious when and what gap we were blitzing.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Seems like we should get the slow lb off the field and play most athletic guys and play fast and agressive.
i am tired of seeing our lb closing to tackle then grabbing on as play goes by. Closing speed is too slow.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand why both LB blitzing in the same gap! Maybe Roof need to change some players. Every week you hear the same thing about miss assignment and not lining up right etc...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

i noticed a couple times today where one of the linemen was able to block two of our players at the same time. wtf?