Whose It Gonna Be?

Georgia Tech's Next Basketball Coach will be....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
@GlennW - you've said many times that you're a lawyer. As such, you know how important wording is. Please note the bolded underlined word compared to your sources.

Peters coming along is a good possibility, given the well-documented strong relationship he has with his coach. While I hope it ends up being the case and there appears to be a high likelihood, it's not a lock.

Thanks.

That's WHAT's being reported, not what I'M claiming as I'm not personally in on any negotiating. I'm just passing along snippets as I'm finding them that I thought some of you might find of interest. It's also being reported Capel (Duke) has "withdrawn" his name from our search which normally happens prior to someone else being formally named.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That's WHAT's being reported, not what I'M claiming as I'm not personally in on any negotiating. I'm just passing along snippets as I'm finding them that I thought some of you might find of interest. It's also being reported Capel (Duke) has "withdrawn" his name from our search which normally happens prior to someone else being formally named.

What was reported, from the same source you & I both read, was "good possibility". Not "will". You know that's a huge difference, given your legal background. I'm just asking that we all be more careful ahead of the announcement, myself included.

No reason to believe this isn't all going down the way we hope, but things are always subject to change ahead of a press release.

DaBiz

Georgia Tech Fan
lol, thanks Glenn for repeating what was already said...btw the players don't know, not sure why that was said.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
What was reported, from the same source you & I both read, was "good possibility". Not "will". You know that's a huge difference, given your legal background. I'm just asking that we all be more careful ahead of the announcement, myself included.

No reason to believe this isn't all going down the way we hope, but things are always subject to change ahead of a press release.

Good grief. You're worse than my wife. How many sites are you pulling from?

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Capel "withdrawing" is a good sign for Drew. Unless there is a much bigger name out there that hasn't made up their mind if they have been offered.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
WOW...looks like he just reneged on our agreement and is signing with Vandy...could be ugly.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Good "Christian" to go back on his word...not the kind of person I want leading my Team. Vandy can have him.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Good "Christian" to go back on his word...not the kind of person I want leading my Team.

There were multiple denials of deal from Valpo sources on Saturday. I wouldn't be making it personal about Drew without knowing what really happened.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
In two threads we have different posters saying they are certain it's Drew. Since none of the people who actually know are saying anything, this is what we have. I will be glad when this is announced. I need to mow the lawn.
A lot happened since we were certain Drew was coming to Tech. I wonder if we will ever know what it was?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
They probably came to a verbal agreement. Bobblehead shook Bryces hand and slapped his wife's @$$.

Bryce took exception

Yeah, Bryce was mad he didn't get his hiney smacked too. (Heigh-ohhh! I'm here all week, folks).

So, who's it gonna be? Well, I got a new list since we're in desperation mode.
- Larranaga
- Lonergan
- Keatts and
- Rice

We'd save face with any of those. An argument could be made each is a better candidate than the guy who was scared to coach in the big league (yeah, I'm going there. spite is a bittersweet nectar).

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
id assume roll the dice on Laranaga. Screw it. Maybe you get him cheap. Put a ****ing all star recruiting crew around him and see what happens. He's supposed to be a hot shot. Let's find out

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I agree with Laranaga. NBA guy who's well respected for his acumen, and put him with assistants who can recruit. I always thought he had a high upside, but maybe the lowest floor between the Drew/Capel/JL trio.

I think he would do a lot better on the recruiting trail than most suspect. Young guy, with first hand knowledge of developing NBA players plays well with teenagers. I would rather take a shot with JL than go the Pat Kelsey or older re-tread route.

Let's hope MBob didn't put his eggs in one basket. This is teetering on embarassing if GT starts getting turned down left and right by real and media perceived candidates.