Who is your GT Fantasy Football Coach?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You ought to put a caveat on this one: "assuming they are gettable". Because a bunch of names in here Tech could not get with a howitzer. But with a couple of months (with a bowl) left, we already see the foreshadowing of a loopy-laced offseason message board. Already we are talking about coaches who haven't left, positions that don't exist, conversations nobody overheard, suppositions plucked from ether and what-do-you-thinks from wild and crazy theories. I want to start one: Roy Moore will be the next Alabama football coach. Recruiting, don't you know.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
You ought to put a caveat on this one: "assuming they are gettable". Because a bunch of names in here Tech could not get with a howitzer. But with a couple of months (with a bowl) left, we already see the foreshadowing of a loopy-laced offseason message board. Already we are talking about coaches who haven't left, positions that don't exist, conversations nobody overheard, suppositions plucked from ether and what-do-you-thinks from wild and crazy theories. I want to start one: Roy Moore will be the next Alabama football coach. Recruiting, don't you know.
I think when all is said and done GT would go after Todd Monken,Troy Calhoun or Brian Bohannon.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
What about Coach Ken N at Navy?! Scott Frost might be my choice, although I haven't watched UCF this year, I just figure he would want to run some kind of option and could transition from what we have with our guys to what he does. And, he apparently is capable of having an undefeated season. If we are starting from scratch, I might go Mike Leach, but it would be a bad transition to Leach from CPJ as far as players go.

Scubapro

Banned
Assuming all the baggage gets dropped and forgiven I would want Art Briles. Now hear me out...He took historically HORRIBLE program and put them at the center of the football world. He knows how coach an offense to build a program. Assuming he has learned his lesson re recruiting felons he would do very well for Tech. My second choice would me Mike Leach...not sure how much tread he has left of the tires tho.

Troutbum

Georgia Tech Fan
I do like what Johnson has done here, especially in terms of the overall program picture. At some point he will hang up the whistle however.

One coach that impressed me was the guy at Wake. That team was flying around everywhere and the coach was fired up as well. That kind of energy could be contagious.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
What about Coach Ken N at Navy?! Scott Frost might be my choice, although I haven't watched UCF this year, I just figure he would want to run some kind of option and could transition from what we have with our guys to what he does. And, he apparently is capable of having an undefeated season. If we are starting from scratch, I might go Mike Leach, but it would be a bad transition to Leach from CPJ as far as players go.
In extreme long-ranging planning, it will take an AD with as backbone of titanium to bring back the same offense. Those of us who like it love it, but a bunch don't and make a lot of noise. Unfortunately, there is not a long skein of double-digit or 9-win seasons to point to. Ultimately it will come down to who can recruit to Tech. And yes, academics affect recruiting; it is competitive suicide to pretend otherwise.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
In extreme long-ranging planning, it will take an AD with as backbone of titanium to bring back the same offense. Those of us who like it love it, but a bunch don't and make a lot of noise. Unfortunately, there is not a long skein of double-digit or 9-win seasons to point to. Ultimately it will come down to who can recruit to Tech. And yes, academics affect recruiting; it is competitive suicide to pretend otherwise.
If a new head coach puts in a new offense after Paul retires GT could fall to as bad a level as they were from 1980-1983,

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
My first pick for a Head Coach would be me . My offensive coordinator would be Longestday , my defensive coordinator would be ibeeballin ,and my uniform manager would be Supersizethatorder-mutt because he likes gold so much. As for Special Team coach I would pick one of the ones who after each loss wants to talk about a coaching change , that way you could talk about wanting to replace him.
Other coaches jobs would be open in you want one let me know which one ,

Open jobs
OL
DL
LB
QB
RB's
DB's
What are you paying? I might be interested!

jacob

Banned
I think if CPJ retired in 2 years we should target Monken Not even being unrealistic. I like playing option football especially while we have any sort of restriction.

If CPJ retries and we add some degrees that don't require calculus. I'd like to see us target McIntyre.
What about Kendal briles the OC at FAU? He's the mastermind behind what FAU is doing right now. I think it would be an interesting hire

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just remember that if we take a head coach other than Roof, we'll probably have to replace Roof too. I hope this happens after his son graduates (or goes to the NFL whichever is first).

I really don't know enough about all these guys to contribute. But, I'll take the ST coaching job! :bookworm: That job has a pretty low bar right now.