Who is your GT Fantasy Football Coach?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Volnation is going batsh&t crazy trying to figure out who their next coach will be. Will it be John Gruden? Dan Mullen? Chip Kelly? Scott Frost?

We have a stable program, so GT doesn’t get any of the insanity. So I’m wondering, ... if CPJ decided to retire in two years, who should our next coach be ... and why?

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Volnation is going batsh&t crazy trying to figure out who their next coach will be. Will it be John Gruden? Dan Mullen? Chip Kelly? Scott Frost?

We have a stable program, so GT doesn’t get any of the insanity. So I’m wondering, ... if CPJ decided to retire in two years, who should our next coach be ... and why?
Nick Saban would be my first choice, followed closely by Urban Meyer.
Realistically, if CPJ were to leave, I would guess that the administration would go with either a younger coach from the CPJ coaching tree, or just promote Ted Roof.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I think if CPJ retired in 2 years we should target Monken Not even being unrealistic. I like playing option football especially while we have any sort of restriction.

If CPJ retries and we add some degrees that don't require calculus. I'd like to see us target McIntyre.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Nick Saban would be my first choice, followed closely by Urban Meyer.
Realistically, if CPJ were to leave, I would guess that the administration would go with either a younger coach from the CPJ coaching tree, or just promote Ted Roof.

I actually wouldn't mind Roof, if he kept the offense with a CPJ disciple and then hired a DC that would run his style of defens eand he became more of a CEO head coach/recruiter.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
I wouldn't mind having James Franklin or Davis cutcliffe I think they would do good at Tech just my opinion

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah he did good there and hadn't done real bad at Penn State,I like his old style of coaching him running out there when his players were going to the locker room before shaking there hands he impressed me on that one,and plus he's just a good coach

stech81

Helluva Engineer
My first pick for a Head Coach would be me . My offensive coordinator would be Longestday , my defensive coordinator would be ibeeballin ,and my uniform manager would be Supersizethatorder-mutt because he likes gold so much. As for Special Team coach I would pick one of the ones who after each loss wants to talk about a coaching change , that way you could talk about wanting to replace him.
Other coaches jobs would be open in you want one let me know which one ,

Open jobs
OL
DL
LB
QB
RB's
DB's

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
My first pick for a Head Coach would be me . My offensive coordinator would be Longestday , my defensive coordinator would be ibeeballin ,and my uniform manager would be Supersizethatorder-mutt because he likes gold so much. As for Special Team coach I would pick one of the ones who after each loss wants to talk about a coaching change , that way you could talk about wanting to replace him.

Open jobs
OL
DL
LB
QB
RB's
DB's
I'll take the OL job lol used to be a offensive lineman back in the day haha

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

Open jobs
OL
DL
LB
QB
RB's
DB's
Augusta Jacket could running backs coach

THWG

Helluva Engineer

Open jobs
OL
DL
LB
QB
RB's
DB's
I'll take DB coach. Line up right in the receivers face and knock the damn ball down.

Nixon_Corral

Georgia Tech Fan
Franklin did very well at Vanderbilt which is a very tough school academically. David Shaw would be great because if you can win at Stanford you can win at GT
Unless y'all are just talking hypotheticals, I think Franklin's dream job was (and now is) Penn State. As long as he maintains success, I imagine he'll be there as long as he wants.

THWG

Helluva Engineer

If CPJ was to retire then I would want a coach who is an outstanding recruiter and has experience as a head coach. My first two choices would be PJ Fleck or Chad Morris.