USCJacket15

Georgia Tech Fan
Easy football pick: Calvin the GOAT

Obscure football pick: PJ Daniels

Easy basketball pick: Jarrett Jack

Obscure basketball pick:
BsS0r0mCQAAyOqx.png

So based on responses here is what I am seeing

Most of you are not very good at following directions. Pick 1 and just football.
Most of you are in your 20s and 30s as I see you must have never seen Jerry Mays or Eddie Lee Ivery play.

I will admit picking 1 is hard but to me I picked Jerry Mays because of his stature and what he did.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Whoever scores the winning points against Georgia next year. And it will happen.

Obscure football pick: Thomas "Batman" Balcomb. He used to blitz from SS and, when he hit opposing QBs, he would always say, "I'm just like Jesus. I will come again."

Whoever scores the winning points against Georgia next year. And it will happen.

Obscure football pick: Thomas "Batman" Balcomb. He used to blitz from SS and, when he hit opposing QBs, he would always say, "I'm just like Jesus. I will come again."
Don't know if you are aware of it, but the mutts retired the jersey of the player who scored the winning TD against Tech in 1957, their first win in 8 years.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Orwin Smith “did some things” occasionally. I won’t forget his Clemson safety mishap though. That was killer.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
My two favorite are from when I was at Tech: Mark Price (Basketball and overall) and Robert Lavette (man he was good on some very bad teams).

Honorable mention to a baseball player a few years later: Jason Varitek. Finally, Little Joe will always have a special place in my heart and should have the phrase "Heisman winner" attached to his name.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Lil Joe.
Today i Wore his gt 2014 Hall of fame tee shirt to visit w a local high school ast football coach.
L joe was amazing.

slugboy

Staff member
Ken Swilling was brutal across the middle.

Ted Roof and Ron Rodgers were awesome

Bruce Dalrymple in basketball, just for playing his guts out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
If we are going to mention Ron Rodgers, then Keith Brooking deserves a shout out. Arguably the best LB to ever play for Tech.