Who are our 1-8s ?

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
Same as above, by position, 2007 - Current (+ Calvin). Bold = current player or commit

Running Back Breakdown (Never as good as before, but trending up)
RB

Dwyer 10
Allen 29
Mills 30
Legget 34
Orwin 38
perkins 39
Roddy 39
Custis 42
APB
Jarret
Peoples 38
FB
Richard Watson 3
Daniel Drummond 14

DUAL THREAT QB (irrelevant)
Nesbitt #9
Jaybo Shaw #10
Jordan Luallen #13

ATH (By far the best its ever been, with JJ Grene and Gantt on the way)
Justin Thomas 19
Gray 20
Milton 22
Bostic 24
Campbell 28
Allen 30
Jemea Thomas 36
Willie White 38
David Sims 40
Gantt 44
Andrews 51
Green 52
Days 68

OFFENSIVE GUARD (Solid) If we land Campbell, we're in business. we would start 5 of our best linemen under at CPJ at one time.
Uzzi 19
Errin Joe 20
Jordan Johnson
Will Jackson 25
Will Bryan 32
Morgan Bailey 36
Caitlin Afford 49
Ray Beno 50

CENTER (n/a)
Marshall 9

OFFENSIVE TACKLE (By far the best its been, but Griffin hurt hurts)
Claytor 19
Devine 28
Yandel 35
TJ Barnes 43
Chris Griffin 55

WR (Good)
Calvin 6
Philpott 43
Bebe 58
Miles Autry 93
Ricky Jeune 94
Stephen Hill 99

Kicker (wow)
Butker 10

DT (is it what we thought it would be)
Denzel Mccoy 18
Walls 30
Pat Gamble 31
JC Lanier 31
Shawn Green 58
Jay Finch 84

WDE (Solid...how were we so bad under groh)
Anthony Williams 13
Dieke 23
Whitehead 25
Crenshaw 40
Freeman 32
Robbins 38
Euclid Cummings 49

SDE (Kallon, come on bro)
Morgan 6
Kallon 18
Cross 18

OLB
JHD
Saint-Amour 30
Mcnair 32
Munroe 36
Machen 43
Watts 59
Menocal 62
Nealy 86

ILB
Jefferson 19
Cooskey 24
Sylvester 26
Jackson 40
Harrell 42

CB
Young 15
Step 23
Ayers 25
Noble 28
DJ White 34
Butler 37
Michael peterson 40
Sweeting 45
Austin 55
Austin 56
Qua Searcy 63
Lockheart 70

Safety
Morgan Burnett 7
Issah Johnson 28
Holton 44
Leslie 49
Lynn Griffin 58
Smelter 62
Turrant 65

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
One of the things that jumps out at me is the best O lineman Tech has had under CPJ wasn't even ranked! But I did enjoy reading this, thanks for putting it together.

Oh and in my mind 2 other names the I see missing who I truly believe are going to make major contributions are Cottrell and Marshall. I watched Cottrell for 2 years and Marshall, IIRC, broke his older brother's single season rushing record. His older brother ain't a half bad SEC TB.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll play:

IMO, a "1-8 player" is a player that is not only extremely important to our team, but a player that can play for any team in the country. A difference maker as we like to say.

1. JeT. Obvious...the most important position in football, and very few teams have a "franchise" level QB running their team. GT has one in JeT. Enjoy him while you can GT fans.

2. JHD*. He has the size/athleticism/agility/speed at a premium defensive position that would have made him a 4/5 star recruit. He changes the entire complexion of our DL. From what I saw during the spring, the guy can play for any team in the country...and the includes any DL in the vaunted SEC. *The eligibility caveat applies, of course.

3. DJ White. If he keeps up the production and consistency he did toward the back 2/3rds of the season, he's a top 4 round NFL pick. One of the better cover CBs we've had in a while...still tends to let receivers loose every now and again, but also has big play capability.

4. Gotsis. He can play DT or SDE...probably played out of position most of his career, but has anchored our DL for the last two seasons. The only guy on our DL offenses cared about double teaming. Will play on Sundays.

5. Devine. IMO, probably the most physically gifted player in terms of overall talent and prototypical size for his position, and that includes JeT. He can be as good as he wants to be, and has high round draft pick written all over him if he takes his craft seriously. Will take over the reigns of the most decorated position in CPJ's tenure, RG.

6. Freeman. Freshman All-American playing undersized and as a true freshmen. Probably needed to redshirt to physically develop, but the production he brought to the position was sorely needed.

7. Burden. Anchors the most important unit on the team, and was all conference his first year. His athleticism as a tight end in HS showed. CPJ has also talked about possibly flexing him out to guard, but way too valuable at C for that to probably happen.

8. Philpott. Yes, he's unproven. Yes he hasn't even taken a snap yet. But this guy has tools none of CPJ's WR recruits have ever had from day one. He will stretch the field from Day 1, but also brings the size and athleticism that had multiple SEC schools drooling over him towards the end of the recruiting cycle. Will not start, but will probably make a larger contribution to our team than some of the guys ahead of him right now. Don't expect him to be buried in the depth chart all season.
This is as good a synopsis as I have seen. I am not as sure about #8, but I am with you the rest of the way. I like Philpott, a lot as it turns out, but placing him at #8 is a bit oiptimistic.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This is as good a synopsis as I have seen. I am not as sure about #8, but I am with you the rest of the way. I like Philpott, a lot as it turns out, but placing him at #8 is a bit oiptimistic.

Gotta make a pick that gets the readers talking, Boomer! ;)