Who are our 1-8s ?

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Justin Thomas, DJ White, Adam Gotsis, and the offensive line. Honorable mention to PJ Davis, and Jamal Golden but everyone else has a lot to prove before they make the list.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Depends on your definition, but if you go by 8 most valuable players to a specific team, then I think we have 3 on O, 5 on D:

JeT
Burden
Snoddy

Gotsis
Freeman
Hunt
PJ Davis
DJ White

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Justin Thomas, DJ White, Adam Gotsis, and the offensive line. Honorable mention to PJ Davis, and Jamal Golden but everyone else has a lot to prove before they make the list.

Using the UGA game as a benchmark for future performance, Burden, Joe, and Freeman could be included. I fully expect them to standout this season. And Braun maybe.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I look at it as which 8 guys would hurt the most to lose. I agree the whole OL was phenomenal as a unit last year, but we're so deep here, none save for Burden would be a severely debilitating loss.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
JT
Skov (prediction)
2-3 on the ol
gotsis
pj davis
white
golden
freeman

on the fringe....jhd (we will see), snoddy, mikel davis by years end,

i don't know just trying to think random here

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm putting the whole starting OL in mine. And I truly think this has caused us to exceed the whole 1-8 concept. A dirty dozen is probably more apt.

OL, JT, Snoddy, Freeman, Gotsis, DJ, Golden, JHD.

I expect this list will change / expand as new guys step up and contribute.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
JT, Freeman, Gostsis, JHD, DJ, Golden, Burden, PJ Davis

I'm fairly certain that JHD, Gotsis, DJ, and Freeman will all get looks in the NFL. JT should as well, but definitely not as a QB

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
JT, Freeman, Gostsis, JHD, DJ, Golden, Burden, PJ Davis

I'm fairly certain that JHD, Gotsis, DJ, and Freeman will all get looks in the NFL. JT should as well, but definitely not as a QB
You can still be an amazing collegian and not cut out for the NFL, especially in our O and as a college qb, in general (Joe Hamilton and Charlie Ward were amazing college qb's, Vince Young, too). I wouldn't necessarily use the NFL as a barometer.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
You can still be an amazing collegian and not cut out for the NFL, especially in our O and as a college qb, in general (Joe Hamilton and Charlie Ward were amazing college qb's, Vince Young, too). I wouldn't necessarily use the NFL as a barometer.

Sure, but that's why JT is still on the list...and I actually think he is #1 on our team...much more critical to our success than any other player on the roster.

Most positions other than QB translate pretty well to the NFL. If you're a great linebacker in college you tend to be a good linebacker in the NFL. QB is just so much different than the other positions.

Milwaukee

Banned
Messick or Philpot (any WR) hopefully make the top 8 performers on the squad. If not I think we could struggle offensively.

Summers is consistent but isn't going to be the stud we need out wide.

When we've had our best years in this system we've had studs out wide: Bebe & Smelter.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
In the order it would be detrimental in attempting to replace them(based on ability, depth, past performance, national recognition):

1)JT5
2)Adam Gotsis
3)Freddie Burden
4)Key Freeman
5)PJ Davis
6)Brod. Snoddy
7)DJ White
8)Jamal Golden

Under my point system, Allen would barely rank ahead of Skov based on spring practice and game, familiarity within our systems. JHD would top Gamble, even in versatility along the D'line. Summers by a hair over Ricky J., potential included.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
1. JT
2. DJ White
3. Gotsis
4. PJ Davis
5. Freeman
6. Burden
7. Snoddy

These are the only ones I feel sure about. If we're going to be a great team, we'll need one WR (maybe Jeune), a BB (Allen or Skov), and another OL (Braun or Devine). Another standout LB or S would be nice. JHD would be major icing on the cake if he pans out.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
1. JT
2. DJ White
3. Gotsis
4. PJ Davis
5. Freeman
6. Burden
7. Snoddy

These are the only ones I feel sure about. If we're going to be a great team, we'll need one WR (maybe Jeune), a BB (Allen or Skov), and another OL (Braun or Devine). Another standout LB or S would be nice. JHD would be major icing on the cake if he pans out.
I agree 100%

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
1. JT
2. DJ White
3. Gotsis
4. PJ Davis
5. Freeman
6. Burden
7. Snoddy

That's my exact list minus JHD.