Which was more detrimental to FSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

northgajacket

Banned
Disagree. I think the coaching staff should be more embarrassed than the OL. It was CLEAR that Bama was blitzing every. single. down. Why not keep the backs or tight ends in to help?? Run a 2 man route if necessary. Nope. 4 wide sets with the back on a route all night long.

It was frustrating to watch. They were getting beat bad up front and they did absolutely nothing to adjust. I'm still shocked.

True, but the OL still should embarrassed. Imagine if FSU was coached by O'Leary, I can't imagine what would happen considering how he would punish O Linemen for missing their blocks when he was coaching Tech.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
FSU will be wishing big time that they played someone like Texas State instead of Alabama when they're spending the Holidays somewhere like El Paso.;)(y)

nah, their shot at at least the Orange Bowl hasn't changed, apart from the injuries. That's why Cuse wants us to play to not get hurt rather than playing to win

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
They play for the same reason Tenn agreed to play us ... the money.
FSU gave up a home game to play this game. The game paid them 5 million and they lost around 2.5 million so they gained 2.5 million overall. 2.5 million to take a double digit loss to start the season still doesn't seem like a great deal to me when your program may be a title contender by the end of the year.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I would perhaps take the more cowardly approach if I were a coach, like Clemson playing Kent State in their opener. However F.S.U. said that playing Alabama the first game of the season was advantageous because it forced the team to practice harder and to be more focused. Losing your quarterback may negate whatever that advantage was.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Next man up FSU.

As to some of those super fast and fleet of foot DTs. There sure are a lot of them at FSU, Clemson, and Bama.....how many are not juicing?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
FSU gave up a home game to play this game. The game paid them 5 million and they lost around 2.5 million so they gained 2.5 million overall. 2.5 million to take a double digit loss to start the season still doesn't seem like a great deal to me when your program may be a title contender by the end of the year.

They may be a contender, but they should be scared?

slugboy

Staff member
I think Francois hurts more, and I think it puts Clemson into the lead.
After seeing Florida, Louisville, and NCST, I think FSU should beat all of them because they won't score much against the FSU defense. Maybe NCST wins because they have a habit of knocking off a top 10 team and losing to a couple of weaker teams.
I expect FSU's #2 to be good enough if he has anyone blocking for him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
nah, their shot at at least the Orange Bowl hasn't changed, apart from the injuries. That's why Cuse wants us to play to not get hurt rather than playing to win
Nah, that's not what I want. Winning is not mutually exclusive with injuries, thankfully. So no reason to played scared or for posters to be anxious.

If as an outcome of the game there are injuries of significance, those that materially alter our ceiling for the season and ACC Championship prospects, I would call that more significant than either a W or a L tonight.

Ex: if a random poster, let's call him AE 98, punches the wall with both hands out of exuberance, breaks both hands, and is unable to post on GTSwarm, some may consider it a net loss for the board, win or lose. Perhaps someone will step up and fill the void, but I have to recognize there are a limited number of posters in cyberspace.

I hope everyone here remains healthy, you included. And with that, I recognize this thread is going further from what I intended in the OP, and so it's time to lock it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.