Which was more detrimental to FSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Easily Francois. Just a few games watching him last year I said he will be a Heisman finalist his Junior or Senior year. He just has that IT factor IMO. FSU's line is an absolute disaster and what Francois has been able to do the past year behind that is nothing short of impressive. I don't see how anyone they can put behind that can survive. They may win games on defense but Francois put them on a CFP contention level. A loss to Bama means nothing.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Should I clarify again? Or is it too difficult to read past the thread title? The purpose was to discuss the relative importance of the game. Which is to say, there are worse things than an L. Ex, ND in 2015 where we lost more than a game.
Or, we could let this thread die because it failed to accomplish the intent.

Wait, are you saying that you want to discuss the relative importance of the game without any reference to the FSU game in light of their loss of their starting QB? What do you mean "relative importance of the game" if not with respect to what GT player might be lost? Unless, it's just to say that losing the game wouldn't be the end of the world, which I also mentioned in describing it as a safe space for fans anxious about losing?

I am really trying to respect your decision, especially as a mod, that this thread has a place in the GT forum, but if it's not what I mentioned in my last post, then the answer is yes that you should either explain what you meant, lock the thread, or move it to the other forum, because every response but mine has found it interesting to discuss FSU.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Wait, are you saying that you want to discuss the relative importance of the game without any reference to the FSU game in light of their loss of their starting QB? What do you mean "relative importance of the game" if not with respect to what GT player might be lost? Unless, it's just to say that losing the game wouldn't be the end of the world, which I also mentioned in describing it as a safe space for fans anxious about losing?

I am really trying to respect your decision, especially as a mod, that this thread has a place in the GT forum, but if it's not what I mentioned in my last post, then the answer is yes that you should either explain what you meant, lock the thread, or move it to the other forum, because every response but mine has found it interesting to discuss FSU.
Thank you for being respectful. I appreciate your moderation suggestions and sincere intent to be a team player. That's what we're all about at GTSwarm.

I am ok with responses re: FSU even if others choose to not cite the portion of the OP re: GT. It is interesting to see that most posters value a player more than a W, which is the premise of my post in light of tomorrow's game. How posters choose to articulate that opinion is up to each person.

I'm not sure I follow your questions, nor do I have interest in an explanation fwiw as I think the discussion of moderation is becoming a distraction. To the last one, yes I agree that losing this game is not the end of the world and is what I'm going for. Personally I care more about our ability to beat UNC, Pitt, etc and get to the ACCCG than I do about beating Tennessee. What do you think about the relative importance of this game?

I prefer not to go the route which I think you are suggesting of picking players you'd be comfortable with getting hurt. Personally I can't think of one.

Milwaukee

Banned
If Francois is out for the year they're in trouble. That OL should be ashamed of themselves. They continually let their QB get killed. It's embarrassing. They could have won that game if their OL and special teams had shown up to play. Defense played lights out and Francois did everything he could considering the pressure he faced all game long.

Disagree. I think the coaching staff should be more embarrassed than the OL. It was CLEAR that Bama was blitzing every. single. down. Why not keep the backs or tight ends in to help?? Run a 2 man route if necessary. Nope. 4 wide sets with the back on a route all night long.

It was frustrating to watch. They were getting beat bad up front and they did absolutely nothing to adjust. I'm still shocked.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Disagree. I think the coaching staff should be more embarrassed than the OL. It was CLEAR that Bama was blitzing every. single. down. Why not keep the backs or tight ends in to help?? Run a 2 man route if necessary. Nope. 4 wide sets with the back on a route all night long.

It was frustrating to watch. They were getting beat bad up front and they did absolutely nothing to adjust. I'm still shocked.
They run the standard NCAA offense which is basically a one trick pony.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The reason the offenses looked bad was because both defenses are unbelievably good. Did anyone see those 300 lb. big nasties running like linebackers? Oh, what I would give if GT could get 1 or 2 of those type guys every once in a while.

We have Branden Adams. Just wait ... <fingers crossed emoji>

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Definitely losing Francois. Every team that plays Alabama in these opening day event games gets killed. It is pretty much expected at this point and I'm not sure why teams keep doing it. They would have been given the benefit of the doubt if they improved and beat some of the really good teams left on the schedule. Without Francois, that is going to be quite difficult.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Definitely losing Francois. Every team that plays Alabama in these opening day event games gets killed. It is pretty much expected at this point and I'm not sure why teams keep doing it. They would have been given the benefit of the doubt if they improved and beat some of the really good teams left on the schedule. Without Francois, that is going to be quite difficult.

They play for the same reason Tenn agreed to play us ... the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.