Which was more detrimental to FSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Losing to Bama or losing Francois?

The Noles' path to the ACC championship and playoff is tougher if Francois is out for the year, imo, at least at first glance.

No matter what happens tomorrow for GT, I'm hoping first and foremost that we get to Tuesday healthy, both for the individual players as well as the long range impact to the team.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Francois is going to hurt. Biggest takeaway IMO is that the FSU defense will at least let them hang in every game. They were predicted to lose that game so it hurts them less than it would have hurt bama if they lost. Miami might be the best shot at the ACC making the playoff this year if its that bad. ACC was king last year but as we saw with FSU, with nearly every team losing their QB, the confrence as a whole will take a step or two back.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
If Francois is out for the year they're in trouble. That OL should be ashamed of themselves. They continually let their QB get killed. It's embarrassing. They could have won that game if their OL and special teams had shown up to play. Defense played lights out and Francois did everything he could considering the pressure he faced all game long.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Offensively speaking, I thought both teams were boring to watch. If FSU had had any kind of running game at all, it would have been a different ball game. Of course, the same might be said about Bama.
As of right now I think FSU goes 8-4 losing to Miami,Louisville and Clemson. I wonder how many FSU fans would come to Charlotte if FSU played in the Belk Bowl?

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
If Francois is out for the year they're in trouble. That OL should be ashamed of themselves. They continually let their QB get killed. It's embarrassing. They could have won that game if their OL and special teams had shown up to play. Defense played lights out and Francois did everything he could considering the pressure he faced all game long.

Well, it was a pretty similar situation last year. Francois was drilled last year a ton

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
As of right now I think FSU goes 8-4 losing to Miami,Louisville and Clemson. I wonder how many FSU fans would come to Charlotte if FSU played in the Belk Bowl?

I'm so far off that Louisville train. FSU has the athletes to make Louisville look bad. I'm not ready to crown Miami either even for the Coastal. Let's see how Rosier does in a meaningful game. Clemson has possibly 5-6 1st rders combined on their respective lines. I would pen them in CFP as of today

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Apparently I didn't communicate the intent of the post well enough.

Point I was trying to make is, a W tomorrow isn't the end all, be all. In fact a W with other factors could be worse than a L.

Let's just win and stay healthy doing it.

No worries. I don't really care, but I know that some mods are quick to move non-GT threads to the other forum. Just trying to be a team player.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
No worries. I don't really care, but I know that some mods are quick to move non-GT threads to the other forum. Just trying to be a team player.
You can put me in that group. But I just said this was a GT thread. Using an example from another game.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

Pressure is what Alabama is all about. They will bring it and keep bringing it until they are burned like Clemson did to them. It is in their DNA.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
To the Noles losing the QB.

To the ACC this probably benefits Clemson. It puts them in a good spot to go undefeated in the Atlantic.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
To the Noles losing the QB.

To the ACC this probably benefits Clemson. It puts them in a good spot to go undefeated in the Atlantic.

This thread is not about FSU nor the ACC. It's about GT.

The thread title needs to be read in concert with its placement in the Georgia Tech Football forum so that you think about GT in light of what happened with FSU. The idea, if I understand correctly, is that this thread be a Safe Space for GT fans who may get anxious about the possibility of losing. They should be grateful regardless, as long as a key player isn't injured.

I'm not sure what people are supposed to discuss, but I think it may be a place to post encouraging words. @CuseJacket hasn't really clarified that part yet. Perhaps, people could discuss and debate which GT players they think it would be worse to lose than the game. If FSU would rather lose the game than their starting QB, who would that be for GT?

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer

The thread title needs to be read in concert with its placement in the Georgia Tech Football forum so that you think about GT in light of what happened with FSU. The idea, if I understand correctly, is that this thread be a Safe Space for GT fans who may get anxious about the possibility of losing. They should be grateful regardless, as long as a key player isn't injured.

I'm not sure what people are supposed to discuss, but I think it may be a place to post encouraging words. @CuseJacket hasn't really clarified that part yet. Perhaps, people could discuss and debate which GT players they think it would be worse to lose than the game. If FSU would rather lose the game than their starting QB, who would that be for GT?

Fine. For GT it means that in all likelihood we will have to beat Clemson twice on our way to the playoffs.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
No worries. You can tell that it's a GT thread by the title and all the responses being focused on GT. (y)

Should I clarify again? Or is it too difficult to read past the thread title? The purpose was to discuss the relative importance of the game. Which is to say, there are worse things than an L. Ex, ND in 2015 where we lost more than a game.
Or, we could let this thread die because it failed to accomplish the intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.