Which team would you like to beat the most this season?

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Beat? Hard call. But UGA is absolutely the only team I want to eviscerate. I want to eviscerate them so badly that I would be proud of us losing a spot in the national playoff because our poor sportsmanship caused voters to drop us.
Now YJMD, tell us how you really feel !!!

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
UGA by an infinitely long shot. If we win that one, I'll be happy with the season. Next is Clemson.

I get that folks dont like richt and VT sucks or whatever, but Clemson is a rivalry game, they have a playpen for a clubhouse and their uniforms are terrible.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
15-20 years ago, FSU and no one else would’ve been close. In the first 5 years of CPJ, definitely VT. Now it’s a much more difficult
question.

Clemson’s program is elite right now, and it’s great to beat them, but they were never really a “rival” in my eyes, even when we were winning our fair share. Plus their fans have always been very gracious and just great football fans. Although, I did have a few encounters with annoying Clemson fans last year. Maybe with their recent dominance some not so great fans have jumped on the band wagon. I guess that’s what happens when your team actually has a band wagon, not that we’d know.

I can’t believe I’m considering Duke, but losing to Duke is just insulting. But still, **** Duke. Beating Duke should be, and again soon will be, a given.

It’s Miami for me. They’re in our division, the W-L record has gotten out of whack, their fans suck, and Mark Richt is wildly overrated.

Obviously this is all with the mutts aside.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
1 . If like to = need to : then beat = Duke and this is very duke able w 6 other wins
2. If like to = want to : then beat = Miami and this will be a WANT 2 for last year.
3 . if like to = wish to : then beat uga / clemson and thjs will require all of above PLUS fabulous finish ( the kick and the pic, the leap, 2 pic 6).

i have lowered my expectations so i just need us to beat duke so i can get my mojo back.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I would really like to beat Duke. They need to be put back into their "proper " place near the bottom of the ACC in football. They are a true basketball school first but like to think they are a contender in football, too. We need to CONSISTENTLY beat them because typically the game with them determines whether we are bowl worthy , or not.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Clemson - the second time we play them next year. Winning the first time we play them would be fun, but winning the second time would hurt them the worst.
if we play them a second time we will have beaten the ones we need to beat and the ones we want to beat.
Aiming high r we!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It is hard to believe that we now want to beat Duke most outside of UGA. They used to be an automatic win for us. Cutt had Roof figured out so I expect he will not be as successful against our new D. They have had some assistant coach changes this year but they have a very good QB coming back and they have recruited as well as we have the last few years. They are not a pushover anymore. I still say it' ABC- anybody but carolina.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
It is hard to believe that we now want to beat Duke most outside of UGA. They used to be an automatic win for us. Cutt had Roof figured out so I expect he will not be as successful against our new D. They have had some assistant coach changes this year but they have a very good QB coming back and they have recruited as well as we have the last few years. They are not a pushover anymore. I still say it' ABC- anybody but carolina.
I feel the strong dislike I have for Cutcliffe is the same as other fans have against CPJ.

Cut gets on my nerves so bad. This is shallow, but a lot of it has to do with his appearance. He doesn’t resemble what your typical “coach” looks like. And his dumb comments over the years are enough fuel to the fire.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately, I think a lot of teams had Roof figured out- bend but don't break and HOPE the other team makes an unforced error. After a little research, it appears that Dook and App State have never played football, so maybe we can start with a level playing field against them and most teams.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately, I think a lot of teams had Roof figured out- bend but don't break and HOPE the other team makes an unforced error. After a little research, it appears that Dook and App State have never played football, so maybe we can start with a level playing field against them and most teams.
Bend don’t break didn’t work out so well and I think it made it even worse that we a hard time tackling in all areas of the field. You can’t let a dude catch a screen pass while you’re 10 yards back and not come up and wrap up. Or a total whiff. Saw that too many times. Ready for this new D

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

We've scored 25 or less against Duke 3 times in the last 4 years, and the 4th year it was turnovers that were the reason Duke was in the game at all.