Which bourbon is best paired with a GT win over UM?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
High West Double Rye 1, GT opponents 0. Don't eff with a streak.

I opened a new bottle of scotch (Ardbeg Uigedahl) before kickoff yeterday that I have been wanting to try. Went with neat scotch vs. manhattans for the game last night. Glad I liked it 'cause now, like you, I have to ride the streak...if we go down against the 'Hoos I don't want CPJ, Todd or any of y'all saying it was because I went back to bourbon. From now on, it's scotch until our next loss, which I don't believe will be 'til sometime next fall.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I used to have 1 maybe 2 bottles of bourbon in my bar. This post started & now I have 9. I am still looking for a superior special occasion bourbon for anyone wanting to recommend something. Prefer to keep it under $1k.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I used to have 1 maybe 2 bottles of bourbon in my bar. This post started & now I have 9. I am still looking for a superior special occasion bourbon for anyone wanting to recommend something. Prefer to keep it under $1k.
Kentucky Owl Bourbon. It is sourced, but it is fantastic. It's hard to find, but incredibly good. If you can't find the bourbon, the rye is pretty tasty too. It'll run you about 2 bills, though. Picked up a bottle yesterday afternoon. I would consider a $200 bottle (retail) to be worthy of any special occasion. There are many absolutely phenomenal bottles of bourbon out there if you're willing to be patient and vigilant.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Kentucky Owl Bourbon. It is sourced, but it is fantastic. It's hard to find, but incredibly good. If you can't find the bourbon, the rye is pretty tasty too. It'll run you about 2 bills, though. Picked up a bottle yesterday afternoon. I would consider a $200 bottle (retail) to be worthy of any special occasion. There are many absolutely phenomenal bottles of bourbon out there if you're willing to be patient and vigilant.
Thanks. When GT introduced me to bourbon at football games I mixed it with ginger ale. Now I prefer it neat.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First of all, let me recognize this thread as the most relevant and simultaneously important one of the year, for this touches on the most fundamental aspects of our traditions and fight song. Without "whiskey clear" we are nothing. Without us, "whiskey clear" is but an empty, yet clever phrase, void of even the most base level of significance. Plus, I just like bourbon.

Such decisions, when choosing appropriate libation to usher in yet another year of bowl eligibility at the expense of St. Richt and recovery from the doom of a 1-3 start, should not be taken lightly. Many good alternatives have been suggested, but there are themes and symbolism that must be considered. We have been harmed in the past by St. Richt, but simultaneously there are future acts of vengeance needed on the horizon. Both UVA and UGA need their "comeuppance" just as the villains in Clint Eastwood's old westerns always got theirs. I envision us riding off into the sunset having exacted our revenge much in the same fashion. Accordingly, I suggest we all make a special trip to our favorite liquor stores and put High West Double Rye Whiskey on our shelf for just those occasions. If we partake in unison after victory tonight, the effect will multiply and we will become an unstoppable force of CFB destruction.
High West Double Rye 2, GT opponents 0. Just saying. Don't worry, there is a little left for this coming weekend!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm going to drink a jug of sweet tea if GT beats UGAG in Cesspool Stadium:):cool:

Do you know what we called sweet tea in my house growing up?

... Tea!

The world is worse when hard working, God fearing, southern Americans can't assume that their ice tea will be sweet and grits will come with breakfast and some sort of greens--collard, turnip, or in a pinch spinach--will come with lunch. And, if I order a coke, if you got pepsi, dr pepper, or sprite, that's fine because all of that is a coke, so, if you must, ask me what kind of coke I want, but don't ask me if pepsi is okay.

... And thwg

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
I had a fifth of Weller bourbon to celebrate the win with friends Some person lifted it from my cooler next to the RV in lot W21.if you are reading this hope you choke on it. Still was one of the best games I’ve attended .

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
High West Double Rye 2, GT opponents 0. Just saying. Don't worry, there is a little left for this coming weekend!
I, too, was tipping a flask of High West after the game. I'll have the rest of the bottle with me at my brother's place in Spartanburg, this coming weekend!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I had a fifth of Weller bourbon to celebrate the win with friends Some person lifted it from my cooler next to the RV in lot W21.if you are reading this hope you choke on it. Still was one of the best games I’ve attended .
This is a tragedy