Which bourbon is best paired with a GT win over UM?

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I was making my weekend plans ahead of time and wanted to know which bourbon goes best with a Miami defeat?
Pappy Van Winkle 15 year
Blanton
Elmer T Lee
Angel's Envy

Any other favorites out there? Anyone got some good recommendations?

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I was making my weekend plans ahead of time and wanted to know which bourbon goes best with a Miami defeat?
Pappy Van Winkle 15 year
Blanton
Elmer T Lee
Angel's Envy

Any other favorites out there? Anyone got some good recommendations?

All fine choices. Elmer T is always a winner if you've got it. I'd save the Pappy for the 24th ;).

Your celebration is over my pay grade though; I'll be celebrating with Old Grand-dad 100 Proof Bottled in Bond.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I bought an Islay scotch that I had been wanting to try early this week. Been refraining from opening it until Saturday. Bourbon, I like Evan Williams believe it or not but I only drink manhattans.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I bought an Islay scotch that I had been wanting to try early this week. Been refraining from opening it until Saturday. Bourbon, I like Evan Williams believe it or not but I only drink manhattans.
Most of the the bourbons I listed I would have them over block of ice. Otherwise I mix less expensive ones in Old Fashions.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
All fine choices. Elmer T is always a winner if you've got it. I'd save the Pappy for the 24th ;).

Your celebration is over my pay grade though; I'll be celebrating with Old Grand-dad 100 Proof Bottled in Bond.
I am on watch now for Pappy to hit my area. Some of these items are getting more and more difficult to find. Plus being able to rationalize the price of it once you see it on the shelf. Lol

strong90

Jolly Good Fellow
Some on your list can be very difficult to find.
My go-to that's well-rated, affordable, and readily available: Four Roses single barrel ~$40. Drink it neat or on the rocks.

If mixing bourbon, I buy Jim Beam.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Try Irish whiskey instead: Tullamore D.E.W.

It will be what I drink if we are winning / win. If we are losing, no drinking as a hangover after a loss is not a good way to live.

{Disclaimer: when I was 13, I went to my brother's party (he was in college) and drank a quart of bourbon. I have not been able to smell it without feeling like wretching in the 48 years since.)

Last edited:

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Try Irish whiskey instead: Tullamore D.E.W.

It will be what I drink if we are winning / win. If we are losing, no drinking as a hangover after a loss is not a good way to live.

{Disclaimer: when I was 13, I went to my brother's party (he was in college) and drank a quart of bourbon. I have not been able to smell it without feeling like wretching in the 48 years since.)

Had a similar experience with Tequila about 35 years ago :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

A quart?? At 13?!! This may be the most amazing thing I have ever read on the internet. You are lucky to be with us...and I don't blame you for not wanting to get back on the horse.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A quart?? At 13?!! This may be the most amazing thing I have ever read on the internet. You are lucky to be with us...and I don't blame you for not wanting to get back on the horse.

The only reason I survived was I got incredibly sick and lost everything.

I've been drinking since several months old according to my Mom. When I had colic, the doctor told her to have a few highballs and then breast feed. Seemed to put both of us to sleep. Doubt the AMA recommends that today.