Where is the post game presser with CPJ

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Your continued enmity for CPJ has been duly noted.
On the contrary, PJ is a better representative of the school than you think. Why? Because he fulfills the No. 1 responsibility of the school - he gets his players to graduate at a rate close to unequaled in FBS and almost in Tech history. He really does care about his players. He just doesn't show it to you or the rest of us publicly. He's also upfront and honest - which some arms of the institute absolutely have not been in the last couple of years.
And how do you want him to act after giving up a 10-point lead? Like Gailey (and I met CCG and liked him), who was, to quote a Tech grad and fan I know, "mealy-mouthed"? He's hacked off about that game and it's apparent.
Anybody who think PJ is OK with losing and doesn't care about winning doesn't know him.
I do. He hates losing more than he enjoys winning.

The graduation rate is the job of the academic support staff and their success. His #1 job is to win which he has sucked at lately.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
He was frustrated. He didn't take well to the strategy question because I believe he thought he called a good game and yet still lost. He did call a good game. He burned USF early with the speed option and naked QB counter. When they adjusted, he burned them by outflanking them on the corner with QB keeper and rocket toss. To add on to it, he did have some questionable penalties go against him. Hot inside and outside. Two KOR's for TD, two defenders thrown out, holding penalty and loses his center, QB and BBack. What's not to be mad about. On to the next week.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I don’t have an opinion on the presser. But, to paraphrase Bobby Dodd, he said that it is the responsibilityofthe headcoach to fill the seats in the stadium .. by offering a good product for fans and being gracious.

CPJ has offered Tech the stability we need. Now, he needs to do the best he can while we plan a transition over the next four years. Because that’s what’s going to happen.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Anybody disagree that if Benson doesn’t go down we win this easily even with all the gaffs and Swiss cheese D?

Did the O suffer much after Benson left? I think things went pretty well and I’m not sure Benson would’ve made it any better. No offense to Benson. I just think it’s great that the 2s played well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Did the O suffer much after Benson left? I think things went pretty well and I’m not sure Benson would’ve made it any better. No offense to Benson. I just think it’s great that the 2s played well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we could’ve just rammed it straight ahead down their throat the whole time, nothing fancy, just Bback five after five after five.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I think we could’ve just rammed it straight ahead down their throat the whole time, nothing fancy, just Bback five after five after five.
I agree with this. With Benson in the 4th qtr we don't face 3rd down. Mason did fine, but he made some mistakes that Benson doesn't make. Mason needs to work on going straight downhill.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Your continued enmity for CPJ has been duly noted.
On the contrary, PJ is a better representative of the school than you think. Why? Because he fulfills the No. 1 responsibility of the school - he gets his players to graduate at a rate close to unequaled in FBS and almost in Tech history. He really does care about his players. He just doesn't show it to you or the rest of us publicly. He's also upfront and honest - which some arms of the institute absolutely have not been in the last couple of years.
And how do you want him to act after giving up a 10-point lead? Like Gailey (and I met CCG and liked him), who was, to quote a Tech grad and fan I know, "mealy-mouthed"? He's hacked off about that game and it's apparent.
Anybody who think PJ is OK with losing and doesn't care about winning doesn't know him.
I do. He hates losing more than he enjoys winning.

How do I expect him to act after giving up a 10 point lead?

Since he has had so much practice - more like a man instead of a smart azz.

He is Jim Donnan part II.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Was there any other targeting calls this weekend? I didn't watch any other games.

Saw one in Samford vs fsu, I believe in c.u. vs. aTm but not sure.

CPJ solution was to complain about refs instead of coaching players up and overcoming adversity during the game. Always somebody else’s fault.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I watched it and I liked it.

If there is one thing about American life in general that I can't stand it is the insistence that everyone in a public position be coached up to spew BS immediately and without stopping. It is beyond refreshing to find somebody in a head coaching position that doesn't think that sucking up to the media or keeping a optimistic outlook in the face of bitter disappointment is a necessary part of the job. Remember, B**l L***s was a master at both; that's why he was hired, despite any demonstration that he knew enough to direct a major college program. I'll take Coach's bluntness and honesty over the sheer vacuity of, say, Malzahn any day of the week. I know that the players and, as importantly, their parents feel the same way. That straight shooter personna is cited over and over again as one reason why the players decided to come to Tech and why their parents backed them up.

It seems like the problem with a lot of fonts here seems to be that they want to be soothed by coaches rather then exposed to how they actually feel. That is not a reason to make a coaching change in the real world, as anybody who watches Nick Saban after a game can tell you.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
OK guys, tell me one thing he was wrong about in that interview. Just one thing.
I am a CPJ fan - and I'm a Woody fan, but only because the kids really like him, and I'm hoping for more than what I'm seeing. What got under my skin about this interview wasn't his attitude - I'd be mad, too. I enjoy him snipping at stupid questions from time to time. And it wasn't about him snapping at those who thought they knew better about the QB situation. It was that he blamed the KO issues on the fact that they had more talent "on a different level" - we knew that going in. If we had that attitude every game, we'd never win - why bother? Everyone has more talent than us...that's why we run the triple option! It's what makes us special when we do win. And that he only laid blame on the fumble and the penalties. Yes, they were awful. Yes, they influenced the game. But he didn't mention the D. We were up by 10 in the 4th QTR and lost by 11...the offense scored 38 points and had 653 yards. It's not ALL their fault....

I'm hoping for a better opportunity this weekend to see what we are made of. Go Jackets!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I am a CPJ fan - and I'm a Woody fan, but only because the kids really like him, and I'm hoping for more than what I'm seeing. What got under my skin about this interview wasn't his attitude - I'd be mad, too. I enjoy him snipping at stupid questions from time to time. And it wasn't about him snapping at those who thought they knew better about the QB situation. It was that he blamed the KO issues on the fact that they had more talent "on a different level" - we knew that going in. If we had that attitude every game, we'd never win - why bother? Everyone has more talent than us...that's why we run the triple option! It's what makes us special when we do win. And that he only laid blame on the fumble and the penalties. Yes, they were awful. Yes, they influenced the game. But he didn't mention the D. We were up by 10 in the 4th QTR and lost by 11...the offense scored 38 points and had 653 yards. It's not ALL their fault....

I'm hoping for a better opportunity this weekend to see what we are made of. Go Jackets!
I think he was saying we didn't keep good spacing on the return coverage.. Talking about the force and contain guys needing to not "flatten out" into a "single level" which then allows the return guy to make one level miss and be gone.