Where is the post game presser with CPJ

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I dont understand what the **** some of you are angry about regarding this presser. He wasn't a jerk to the reporters...sounded to me like a coach that thought the refs gave us the shaft and is angry because of a loss.
Lol ooooooook

Amerson1990

Banned
Pretty pathetic interview by CPJ. He’s beyond frustrated and it shows. Seems like he is a volcano about to erupt at anytime in the media sessions these days. I like CPJ but I think his tenure has about run his course and we are now reaching a similar situation with our baseball program where the HC had some great success but is now obselete and their programs are in bottom third of the ACC due to stubbornness and failure to change. CPJ truly is an amazing OC acting as a HC, and our special teams and Defense suffer greatly because of it

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
It is what it is and you are what you are...Coach came off as a grumpy old fat man who has lost touch with the next generation. Yikes... and this ladies and gentlemen is the face of the program, it’s no wonder we haven’t improved on D or special teams under cpj. He can’t do it. Beyond time to replace

Scubapro

Banned
OK....how should he act? Happy?

Remember O'Leary? He was awfully cuddly wasn't he?
Maybe you prefer Gailey looking like a deer in the headlights when asked tough questions.
How about Billy L insisting that the he had a good team and everything was ok.
Heck....Tech almost BROKE Bobby Ross. Anyone else remember him basically in tears after a loss.
Ya'll would have crucified him.

Would you like him to be a glorified cheer leader?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I too was surprised that the presser was not as bad as some had led us to believe. He is unhappy about the loss. I am glad.

But I would like some perspective from the rest of you. I have heard coaches at other schools, say Alabama, where the coach is upset about a fumble or a missed assignment or a ref call that really hurt. Is it realistic for a coach to expect his team to lay perfectly all the time?

And the question that I have had about Tech for several years is does Tech have to play a perfect game to beat most opponents? Fumbles and missed assignments don't usually matter against teams like Alcorn State but they will usually doom us against a Pittsburgh or Duke or North Carolina. My theory would be that you have to be a much better team to play through bad mistakes and still win and Tech's problem has been that we are just not good enough to win if we play much less than a perfect game.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I dont understand what the **** some of you are angry about regarding this presser. He wasn't a jerk to the reporters...sounded to me like a coach that thought the refs gave us the shaft and is angry because of a loss.
Actually he was a jerk. It is this churlish nature of Johnson that is so off-putting. Press and public relations are part of his job and the reporters were doing their job. Of the things I like about him, this I find is almost becoming a game changer. I can understand mistakes, losing, even losing big leads late though it drives me next to crazy. Bullying those who question his decisions and blaming the officials I can't. And he clearly was intimating he was cheated on a couple of penalties. The AD needs to take him to the woodshed.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
He acts like a brat.

He is a poor representative of the school.

He acts like his team giving up double digit leads and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is always some other persons fault.

Your continued enmity for CPJ has been duly noted.
On the contrary, PJ is a better representative of the school than you think. Why? Because he fulfills the No. 1 responsibility of the school - he gets his players to graduate at a rate close to unequaled in FBS and almost in Tech history. He really does care about his players. He just doesn't show it to you or the rest of us publicly. He's also upfront and honest - which some arms of the institute absolutely have not been in the last couple of years.
And how do you want him to act after giving up a 10-point lead? Like Gailey (and I met CCG and liked him), who was, to quote a Tech grad and fan I know, "mealy-mouthed"? He's hacked off about that game and it's apparent.
Anybody who think PJ is OK with losing and doesn't care about winning doesn't know him.
I do. He hates losing more than he enjoys winning.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I
And the question that I have had about Tech for several years is does Tech have to play a perfect game to beat most opponents? Fumbles and missed assignments don't usually matter against teams like Alcorn State but they will usually doom us against a Pittsburgh or Duke or North Carolina. My theory would be that you have to be a much better team to play through bad mistakes and still win and Tech's problem has been that we are just not good enough to win if we play much less than a perfect game.
Occam's razor maybe: the simplest explanation is, yes we do.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Your continued enmity for CPJ has been duly noted.
On the contrary, PJ is a better representative of the school than you think. Why? Because he fulfills the No. 1 responsibility of the school - he gets his players to graduate at a rate close to unequaled in FBS and almost in Tech history. He really does care about his players. He just doesn't show it to you or the rest of us publicly. He's also upfront and honest - which some arms of the institute absolutely have not been in the last couple of years.
And how do you want him to act after giving up a 10-point lead? Like Gailey (and I met CCG and liked him), who was, to quote a Tech grad and fan I know, "mealy-mouthed"? He's hacked off about that game and it's apparent.
Anybody who think PJ is OK with losing and doesn't care about winning doesn't know him.
I do. He hates losing more than he enjoys winning.
I don't recall anybody ever writing Johnson was okay with losing. His conduct afterwards is in question. "Hating to lose" is a common trait of all successful men and women and Johnson is not an iota different. It is not an excuse.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
How is “you got to love the ball” out of line? Tell me what Qua did subsequently after he got the ball on a pitch after his fumble? He doubled down on it when he saw contact coming.

By these comments, I’m really not sure who’s really the thin-skinned one.