Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego…um…er…Tashard Choice? (TX?)

Jetdrive3

Jolly Good Fellow
Let’s not forget, 1 Gibbs had his nose to the grindstone and is leaving with a degree. 2 It doesn’t look like there is a Masters program that fits him at Tech. 3 Choice probably didn’t hide his displeasure that the rest of the staff could not hold up their end of the program. 4 Gibbs wants to leave his mark with a championship style program. ( Gibbs helped prop up this program. At Dalton they won because of him. The “National High School Coach of the year” lost his job the next year after coaching a historically losing year. ) 5) Gibbs obviously is maximizing his worth as he leverages his talent for a secure future!
Best of fortunes to Tashard Choice.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Let’s not forget, 1 Gibbs had his nose to the grindstone and is leaving with a degree. 2 It doesn’t look like there is a Masters program that fits him at Tech. 3 Choice probably didn’t hide his displeasure that the rest of the staff could not hold up their end of the program. 4 Gibbs wants to leave his mark with a championship style program. ( Gibbs helped prop up this program. At Dalton they won because of him. The “National High School Coach of the year” lost his job the next year after coaching a historically losing year. ) 5) Gibbs obviously is maximizing his worth as he leverages his talent for a secure future!
Best of fortunes to Tashard Choice.

Gibbs isn't leaving with a degree. He was here 2 years

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I wonder if Gibbs follows him there now.

I am not Gibbs but if I were, i would NOT want to gamble my next year on another rebuild. USC (I think) won 4 games last year. That's better than GT but we are debating minutia at this point. I'd go somewhere like Bama to play for championships and have others around me to share the load. If he truly is making a "business decision" he would do something like that and cut ties with CTC, no matter how much he likes him personally.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I am not Gibbs but if I were, i would NOT want to gamble my next year on another rebuild. USC (I think) won 4 games last year. That's better than GT but we are debating minutia at this point. I'd go somewhere like Bama to play for championships and have others around me to share the load. If he truly is making a "business decision" he would do something like that and cut ties with CTC, no matter how much he likes him personally.
Gibbs will fit it great at Alabama and if that helps them beat uga great

LibertyTurns

Banned
We all highly respect Gibbs’ talent, but what if he wouldn‘t get much or as much playing time at Bammer. Perhaps that’s part of his thought process? It may not make any difference, but perhaps he’s looking for a high profile program where he can be the featured back.

Jetdrive3

Jolly Good Fellow
Good call on your prognostication. Gotta be Bama. They were a top 2 before, but the 1 hour road trip for the family, the Tech degree(very important to him), glorious promises of Heisman, and a loaded Bama backfield probably proved daunting. Now an near empty Bama RB room and a QB with a feathery touch, could max his all-purpose yards. Oh almost forgot, playing for the G.O.A.T, Don’t think he will make this mistake twice.

Last edited:

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We all highly respect Gibbs’ talent, but what if he wouldn‘t get much or as much playing time at Bammer. Perhaps that’s part of his thought process? It may not make any difference, but perhaps he’s looking for a high profile program where he can be the featured back.

Gibbs doesn't need any more playing time. There is plenty of film already and the pros know who he is. If anything he probably wants to minimize wear and tear next year until he gets to the league. the days of a guy wanting to be the featured back and getting 30 carries a game is over for the pro prospects. They are saving themselves for marriage...I mean, pro ball. The real pro ball, not the "make believe " NCAA pro ball. ;)

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
The variabile souces of money are donations and tickets. The rest - tv, bowls, etc are fixed by conference and ncaa. Texas A M has three times the Alumni. There donations are almost 7 times our donations. (each alumn gives twice as much as the millionare tech grads, stadium is 100% full every game)

We need to up our $ game to be credible. The big guys are fighting each other - Choice decided he is ready for the big time.
It would help if the school would accept more native Georgian students - I know 2 that were not accepted ( but were accepted at uga and goes there). Never made a B in their entire lives and could not get in. They would have been at every football game and involved with the school after graduation. I’m sure there are tons of examples like that across the state.

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
Congratulations to coach choice. Yes this is a terrible loss two George Tech but it’s a great opportunity for coach choice. Programs loose good coaches every year but I’m sure coach choice has told coach Collins who he thinks he should replace him with. Again congratulations Coach Choice and you will forever be a Jacket.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
It's obvious that CTC wants to be a head coach and this is a step in that direction for his career. With the way things are going he could be the next head coach right here on The Flats sooner than later.