Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego…um…er…Tashard Choice? (TX?)

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It would help if the school would accept more native Georgian students - I know 2 that were not accepted ( but were accepted at uga and goes there). Never made a B in their entire lives and could not get in. They would have been at every football game and involved with the school after graduation. I’m sure there are tons of examples like that across the state.
Grade inflation sucks. There are a lot of kids that have never made a B in their life in Georgia. There is a guaranteed spot for the valedictorian and salutatorian from every school in Georgia. Other than that, there are no guarantees. Unfortunately, when Hope Scholarship became tied to grades, most school gpa's jumped about 1/2 a point. Grades don't mean much any more.

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
This was just a matter of time. Choice is literally one of the best assistant coaches in the business...and he's a Broyles award finalist which supports it. On top of that, he is clearly an elite recruiter.

We've talked about this many times...the big money schools were going to come for Choice eventually. Here we are.

If you look at this objectively, this is a great career move for TC. He's going to coach and learn under one of the premier offensive minds in all of football. Only a handful of coaches get this opportunity. If TC wants to be a head coach, he has to take this job.

TC is well liked by a lot of people that give GT a lot of money. This isn't a GT money issue...we would've gotten the money needed to keep him. GT just can't replicate the experience he'll get and offensive coaching development under Lincoln Riley.

I wish TC well. He was outstanding in his 3 years here. Something tells me his coaching career at GT isn't over yet. TC is taking the next step in his coaching development, and he'll be more than ready next time Ma Tech calls on him...whether that's as an OC or HC.
Well said

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
A bit of thread cleanup here...posts pertinent to the HC rather than CTC were moved. As always, surgery was not precise.

I hate to see CTC leave. He did a great job and thus earned himself a nice promotion. We talk emotionally here, but how many of have turned down job offers that were double our salaries (or more) due to loyalty to our existing employers? I didn't think so.
Thank you for doing a job that often goes unappreciated.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Im sorry what? Ugh, I'm happy for him, he's a great coach and he deserves a nice promotion/pay raise. But why couldn't it come from us? Why do we lose some of our best players, best commits, and now our best positional coach in the same month. Someone catch me, I'm gonna pass out.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Im sorry what? Ugh, I'm happy for him, he's a great coach and he deserves a nice promotion/pay raise. But why couldn't it come from us? Why do we lose some of our best players, best commits, and now our best positional coach in the same month. Someone catch me, I'm gonna pass out.
Because Tech gets over a billion a year in research money. Football aint top priority compared to factory (or semi factory) schools.

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Good for coach Choice, he earned it. I hope he builds a network and comes back to GT ready to roll
That’s my hope too. Coach choice learns the offense and he comes back as our head coach someday. It sucks because it’s basically a lateral move for the same role. I actually want Geoff to succeed but I am not sure it’s going to happen so why not see Coach Choice build his resume.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Too bad, but not unexpected. I was hoping against something like this, but there it is. He is a good recruiter and a decent position coach.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
It's a good move for him. Keep going up the ranks at big programs and then eventually come back to the flats 10 years later as a HC. It's all scripted😃

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
That’s my hope too. Coach choice learns the offense and he comes back as our head coach someday. It sucks because it’s basically a lateral move for the same role. I actually want Geoff to succeed but I am not sure it’s going to happen so why not see Coach Choice build his resume.
How's this a lateral move? You got a sinking GT program over here and a (real) big time program at USCw over there manned by the hottest coach in the country, Lincoln Riley.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
It would help if the school would accept more native Georgian students - I know 2 that were not accepted ( but were accepted at uga and goes there). Never made a B in their entire lives and could not get in. They would have been at every football game and involved with the school after graduation. I’m sure there are tons of examples like that across the state.
Been saying this for years. The problem is GT is a fractured business model where the academic side not only doesn’t care about outside activities but often actively tries to sabotage outside activities, Meanwhile, high level academic schools like Notre Dame, Stanford, etc. are schools with administrations that work together in all facets. I’m down here in South Georgia and the number of GT families that have morphed away from GT is just staggering and sad. All because their kids who are freaking high end students end up at UGA (now Bama lately with the amount of money they are throwing around in scholarships) because GT would rather take kids from out of state or out of country. I can see the day where the academic side drops the “Georgia“ from the name.