Votes: 57 42.2%
  • 8 Wins

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • 9 wins

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Right now, this feels like a 6-6 season. If we go to Blacksburg and get the dub, we have a shot at 7 wins. If we roll up to Blacksburg and play like we did at the Benz, there's no way we win. If the special teams don't improve drastically, we will be lucky to get another win.

IMHO, I don't think we stand much of a chance vs Miami. We have a better shot at UGA, and even that's a longshot. NCSt is the most winnable game left on the schedule, but again, the special teams has to improve.

After saying all this, I want to be clear - I'm not gloomy about 6-6. I have seen some progression with the program and I believe Brent Key is the right guy. Santucci has shown me enough that I'm still cautiously optimistic about the future of our D. I'd like to see Buster show a little more aggression - seems like the offense has become less aggressive - fewer big plays, but fewer turnovers.

Given the schedule and preseason predictions, we are exactly where we thought we'd be. But, given the way things have played out, there's a cloud of disappointment over this fanbase because of what folks feel this season could have been. I'm not sure if it's reasonable to feel that way, but I'm choosing to hold onto the positives I see. Coach Key, J Batt, and Dr. Cabrera have injected new life into this program and things are trending in the right direction. Get your butts to the stadium - show up and support the team - buy tickets, donate to the Tech Way and AT Fund, do your part...
Amen to all of this.

Several predicted that we could have a vastly improved team but not have improved results because of a very difficult schedule. So far that appears to be the case.

Like you, I like our coaching staff and look forward, just like with Stoudamire in basketball, to Key getting his kind of players into the program. If he can keep working the portal, continue to improve Tech recruiting, and get NIL support, the future is bright.

57jacket

Helluva Engineer
Miami would need to melt down for us to win. They simply score way too many points as compared to GT. They give up points but their offense is really good. Our defense is average at best. We need to score in the mid 40s to have a shot against them.
Don'e be so optimistic Root.