Where are we now?

MaconBacon IM88

Jolly Good Fellow
Parallel to new coaching personalities / offensive system - it's time to talk about the GT brand - what it represents, what the game day experience should be - and how we start investing in it. We need better 'story tellers.'

You're already against him? Come on now
No, I am not against him in the least. It's you who doesn't support coaches, not I. I do now and will continue to support him, win or lose. What I am saying is that the odds of him suffering a couple of losing seasons are pretty high, simply because that's what generally happens when any school changes coaches, UCF notwithstanding. Coupling the change of coach with a change in offensive system while still using players from the previous system does not spell immediate success. Just ask Bobby Ross about that; his first two years at Tech were dreadful.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I think we owe it to Coach Collins to offer unwavering, unconditional, positive, relentless support...at least for a long time.

Case and point, here is who we play in 2020, along with their highest ranking in the last 2 years:
#1 Clemson
#2 Georgia
#2 Miami
#3 Notre Dame
#5 UCF
#12 Virginia Tech
#12 Syracuse
#22 Duke
#23 Virginia
#24 Pittsburgh

That is murderers row.
I will support anyone who is the coach at Tech.
If you play a good schedule I would think that would help with recruiting.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Honestly,this feels a lot like politics to me. The incumbent party is on it’s way out of office and the other party is talking like America is about to become a Utopia. Then you have members of the incumbent party who want what’s best for America, but fear dark times are ahead. Then you have the rational people who understand that world peace isn’t going to happen anytime soon, but Armageddon isn’t, either.

I think we owe it to Coach Collins to offer unwavering, unconditional, positive, relentless support...at least for a long time.

Case and point, here is who we play in 2020, along with their highest ranking in the last 2 years:
#1 Clemson
#2 Georgia
#2 Miami
#3 Notre Dame
#5 UCF
#12 Virginia Tech
#12 Syracuse
#22 Duke
#23 Virginia
#24 Pittsburgh

That is murderers row.

Looks a lot like our 2015 schedule doesn't it. Just replace Cuse with #8 Fla St.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
No, I am not against him in the least. It's you who doesn't support coaches, not I. I do now and will continue to support him, win or lose. What I am saying is that the odds of him suffering a couple of losing seasons are pretty high, simply because that's what generally happens when any school changes coaches, UCF notwithstanding. Coupling the change of coach with a change in offensive system while still using players from the previous system does not spell immediate success. Just ask Bobby Ross about that; his first two years at Tech were dreadful.
Biggest eye roll ever

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I don’t expect losing seasons to be honest. We have enough good football players who played in different schemes in high school that I think we will be competitive next year. I don’t think you are characterizing the Ross transition correctly either. That wasn’t a talent or scheme issue, that was a problem with players buying into the new staff and a different expectation from a discipline standpoint. A lot of those guys simply didn’t deliver

LibertyTurns

Banned
We need better 'story tellers.'
Sounds like a tactic an SEC team would want to employ after losing the only 2 games they played against good teams when they want to undeservedly make the playoffs PLUS move up a spot so they don’t get spanked by Bammer a third time in a row in the first game of the playoffs.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I don’t expect losing seasons to be honest. We have enough good football players who played in different schemes in high school that I think we will be competitive next year. I don’t think you are characterizing the Ross transition correctly either. That wasn’t a talent or scheme issue, that was a problem with players buying into the new staff and a different expectation from a discipline standpoint. A lot of those guys simply didn’t deliver
Unless there’s a crap ton of injuries there’s no reason we shouldn’t win 7or 8 games next year with all the returning talent on the roster.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer

#1 Clemson
#2 Georgia
#2 Miami
#3 Notre Dame
#5 UCF
#12 Virginia Tech
#12 Syracuse
#22 Duke
#23 Virginia
#24 Pittsburgh

That is murderers row.
No one gets unconditional support except family. I’m rooting for Collins (though I freely admit I’m not optimistic), but unconditional support doesn’t exist in a transactional relationship.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
This is the most excitement we’ve had since after the 2014 Orange Bowl. We just knew that our 2015 team would be a national contender with JT at the helm and homerun threat true freshman Marcus Marshall at B back and returning offensive line minus Shaq.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll say it again... If for whatever reason GC doesn't work out it will cement the reputation that you have to run option at GT for consistent success.

That is what is really on the line here... If GC doesn't make a bowl in a few years or something they will bring Monken, Lunsford, or Ken faster than you can say midline.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I think where we are now is building for 2021. Our roster needs to be rebuilt for the new offense, whatever that is, and TStan has said we will honor our current committed kids. Which means maybe 6 more kids for the new class and we are going to be late on a lot of them. We also don't process kids, so we have to depend on early graduation or their willingness to transfer on their own to churn the depth chart. The schedule the next two years are really tough as well. 2021 we will have a more well rounded roster with recruiting and transfers (hopefully) that we will really see what the new GT Football is going to be. Not raining on anyone's parade, I'm just tempering my own expectations for the next two years.