When Should Hall Leave?

When Should Hall Leave? What would you do as AD given the information you have?

• Whenever he wants.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • When his current contract runs out in 2021.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • When Colin is done playing for GT (2020 or 2021).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • At the end of this 2018 season regardless of record. Whether Hall's choice or the AD's.

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • At the end of this 2018 season if we don't make NCAAs. Whether Hall's choice or the AD's.

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • Today. Whether Hall's choice or the AD's.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Before this season.

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It's GT AND baseball... can't beat that.
Baseball lost me in 1994. GT baseball won me back from 1993 to 2006. Now GT baseball lost me again. I'm watching GT women's tennis now. Refreshing as they are GT and play like they are coached.

Edit: GT baseball still had me with Plagman, Dietrich, Skole, Murton, and somewhat with Davies. Then the wheels fell off.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
You are obviously a better person than I. If something pisses me off, I just tune it out if it is entertainment (baseball). Fortunately GT baseball isn't there for me yet.

And yes, I agree we can get a better coach. The question is will we? Hall will not be at GT forever.
Better person? I doubt that. I keep following... that's literal. My expectations lower & my "emotional" investment correlates. But they're never really too close to zero.

The highs (even minor short ones) give me satisfaction much more than the lows. In fact, it's a Catch22... when good things do happen, they are only made better having seen the crap. I can't have one (the way I want to experience it) without the other.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Baseball lost me in 1994. GT baseball won me back from 1993 to 2006. Now GT baseball lost me again. I'm watching GT women's tennis now. Refreshing as they are GT and play like they are coached.

Edit: GT baseball still had me with Plagman, Dietrich, Skole, Murton, and somewhat with Davies. Then the wheels fell off.

I like a lot of the GT players individually as you probably do too. Right now on the roster in order of jersey number, I like. Not that I don't like others, they just haven't caught my attention (ADD I am) or imagination yet.
Curry, Bailey, Waddell, Bart, Murry, English, McCann.

I think we'll see Bart and English on MLB (not just minor league) teams. Maybe some of the Fr, but it's too early for me on those.

Only going back to 2016, I really loved watching Gonzo, Justus, Craport, Bailey, Gold, Gorst, .......

So while the putting together of a team has been disappointing, there are always individuals who are fun to watch. Not when the games are out of control / reach, but when we are competitive in that game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As I just said in the Pitt thread, we are back to 500 in the ACC after losing to one of the worst teams in the ACC. It is a testament to our players that they have been able to overcome our coaching to get to that level.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
As I just said in the Pitt thread, we are back to 500 in the ACC after losing to one of the worst teams in the ACC. It is a testament to our players that they have been able to overcome our coaching to get to that level.

It's frustrating, because if we got literally zero out of our coaches - no positive or negative changes to the players from coaches - according to the recruiting rankings, we'd be a perennial top 25 team, with frequent trips to Omaha.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll put my chart up again. I have the 2018 data in, although it's (obviously) provisional. It assumes we'll play 3 games in the ACCT, no NCAAT (we won't be projected in by anyone at this point), and that our winning % doesn't change for the remainder of the year.
608hRH.jpg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll put my chart up again. I have the 2018 data in, although it's (obviously) provisional. It assumes we'll play 3 games in the ACCT, no NCAAT (we won't be projected in by anyone at this point), and that our winning % doesn't change for the remainder of the year.
608hRH.jpg

Facts are harsh.

I think there is one person whose opinion matters more than anyone else (outside of Danny Hall). Mark Teixeira. He really talked Hall up when Mark retired (two?) years ago. Wonder what he thinks now.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I really appreciate Teixeira's support of GT Baseball. I hope his continued support is not dependent upon Hall sticking around.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I really appreciate Teixeira's support of GT Baseball. I hope his continued support is not dependent upon Hall sticking around.

I appreciate his support too. He gives the money so he gets what he wants.

Teixeira knows more about baseball than I forgot in a day. So while I think Hall should have left years ago, my opinion is uninformed and not backed by cash. Things will get better. I'm waiting for next year.

I appreciate his support too. He gives the money so he gets what he wants.

Teixeira knows more about baseball than I forgot in a day. So while I think Hall should have left years ago, my opinion is uninformed and not backed by cash. Things will get better. I'm waiting for next year.
next year you'll be again waiting for next year and guess the year after that you'll again be waiting for next year. I also think the year after that you will again be waiting for next year. Next year should be a line in our fight song. Seems to be trend in GT athletics recently.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
If Mark T. wants Hall to stay, then I back him. He know a ton about baseball that most of us don't. If he takes away his support, we are in a bigger problem than not making the NCAA. Face, it we are young, and we have a bullpen disaster. We have so many pitchers in the pen who don't offer anything.

Deleted member 2897

Facts are harsh.

I think there is one person whose opinion matters more than anyone else (outside of Danny Hall). Mark Teixeira. He really talked Hall up when Mark retired (two?) years ago. Wonder what he thinks now.

Maybe, maybe not. Todd Stansbury matters too. So far from what I can tell, he doesn't let any internet fury or emotion get in his way. Ted Roof was replaced, but it wasn't through a firing and payout. Ted as we all know has long and deep Tech roots. But the tide had turned against him. I suspect the same thing may happen here. CDH has a long and illustrious career at Georgia Tech, and is not someone we need to fire and throw to the trash. I hope they can have a conversation after the season to split amicably. Doing so with a retirement would avoid a payout, and we could give him all the accolades and going away party that he truly deserves. I really really hope thats the way all this goes down. Remember that those 2 had a meeting last offseason to try and figure out what needed to be done to right the ship. I am assuming they probably covered a succession plan and its timing, and a 'what if' they had another sub-par season.

In terms of MarkT, I highly doubt he wants anything more than a successful program he can be proud of. No matter how much even CDH's most ardent supporters love him (I have a ton of respect for him), there is a time in everybody's career when its time to move on.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
If Mark T. wants Hall to stay, then I back him. He know a ton about baseball that most of us don't. If he takes away his support, we are in a bigger problem than not making the NCAA. Face, it we are young, and we have a bullpen disaster. We have so many pitchers in the pen who don't offer anything.

Heard this tired excuse for 5-7 years. So who recruits said pitchers??

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
next year you'll be again waiting for next year and guess the year after that you'll again be waiting for next year. I also think the year after that you will again be waiting for next year. Next year should be a line in our fight song. Seems to be trend in GT athletics recently.

Yup, baseball, football and men's basketball at least. Hey the golf team is doing great. And Women's softball and basketball are looking up.

It Is As It Is (IIAII). Maybe that will change this year :whistle:

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It' about recruiting and desire to go out aggressively to get pitchers. Our current coaching staff may have become too comfortable with the status quo and have lost their fire. Recruiting is not easy and I can see how these guys can get burned out. Our program is no longer one where it sells itself . Time for some changes.