What would you most like to see tomorrow night (other than a win)?

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Just cut out all the damn mistakes, if we do so we win IMO. Just wonder if the way we're having to practice is hurting our focus?

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to see us take the next step as a team.

We are young.

We clearly didn't get to practice in units as much as needed pre-season (special teams, etc.).

We had a few impact players get dinged up early in the season.

We saw some good stuff in the first few games, but we saw a lot of really bad stuff too. But now we have those games under our belt and a few extra days to let it sink in.

What I'd like to see is the team show some maturity in all three phases of the game. I'd like to see us play a game that makes me think we're on the right path to building a winning team.

/

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Unless you blow an assignment or have a blocker straight-up whiff, you don't need to have a lot of time to get a deep ball in the air with max protection or moving the pocket.
So you say, but Cunningham was so beat up following the Pitt game that he did not practice for a couple days. "Blown assignments and straight up whiffs" are something the Cards' offensive line has done a lot of against both Pitt and Miami. What I fear more than anything is the slants they like to run.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Thought this might be fun.

• Sims protecting the ball well when in a crowd and seeing his progressions even when looking to run
  • Penalty yards well less than 40
  • Placekicks hit so they get up quickly (and of course, we make them)
  • No wasted timeouts due to confusion
  • Run the ball, run the ball, run the ball (also, passes to our talented RB's)
  • 2 or more sacks from our D (hurries and pressures up as well)
  • Better coverage (help) from safeties on downfield passes
  • And, of course, 100% red zone TD's, and we get there at least 4 times
  • At least one of the top 2 TE's available even though not listed on the ATL (also, be good if one more DL is available not showing)
  • No further "scratches" between now and tomorrow due to covid
I know, it is a young team, and I am asking for a lot - oh well, we can ask for anything. :) I could have gone on and on, but wanted to leave some for others.
I want to see what Gleason’s got?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I now see it is going to rain cats and dogs through the whole game. Sounds like turnovers WILL happen.

oh well

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We’re always gonna make mistakes, but If we can cut those in half, that would be a great start from the last game. Also when they do commit to an action I want them to be going 100 mph till the whistle. Not a fan of the hesitation and letting up before the whistle i.e. team not pile tackling that Cuse back who rolled off Juanyeh for an easy score.The Jordan Domineck story was great and I hope the others guys have taken it to heart.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I now see it is going to rain cats and dogs through the whole game. Sounds like turnovers WILL happen.

oh well
Cats and dogs. I don't think that's going to happen. Maybe some intermittent light rain. Accumulation thru midnight 0.10"- 0.20", is what I'm gleaning from 3 different weather apps.