What would you most like to see tomorrow night (other than a win)?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Thought this might be fun.

• Sims protecting the ball well when in a crowd and seeing his progressions even when looking to run
  • Penalty yards well less than 40
  • Placekicks hit so they get up quickly (and of course, we make them)
  • No wasted timeouts due to confusion
  • Run the ball, run the ball, run the ball (also, passes to our talented RB's)
  • 2 or more sacks from our D (hurries and pressures up as well)
  • Better coverage (help) from safeties on downfield passes
  • And, of course, 100% red zone TD's, and we get there at least 4 times
  • At least one of the top 2 TE's available even though not listed on the ATL (also, be good if one more DL is available not showing)
  • No further "scratches" between now and tomorrow due to covid
I know, it is a young team, and I am asking for a lot - oh well, we can ask for anything. :) I could have gone on and on, but wanted to leave some for others.

GTYellowJacket12

Jolly Good Fellow
- Adjustments in Nickel and Dime personnel so we have better matchups (so no slot receiver vs Charlie Thomas), Tre Swilling's presence should help with that.
- New red zone packages, since we have with only 2 TE's being in the ATL chart again, although this could be gamesmaship by Collins.
- Jeff Sims making some pre-snap protection adjustments or audibles to avoid free blitzers
- More Dontae Smith
- How Antoneous Clayton looks after being able to practice normally for 2 weeks
- A better screen game, relative to what the D shows/allows

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
In all seriousness, I'd like to see fewer mistakes. Win or lose, if we can clean up the poor play it will give me hope that we are improving. Sloppy play has me worried...it's all likely just C19 related due to few reps, but why are we looking more sloppy than our competition (except FreeShoesU?)

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Anyways I'd like to see

OL - Consistency. Off plays will happen, but we can't have our off plays being free runs to the QB. That's just begging for trouble. I also include the penalties on the OL here.

QB - Cut out the "I didn't see that guy" turnovers (2 against FSU and the last one against Cuse). Interceptions are going to happen. I can live with the occasional one like the third one against Cuse where you take a chance, it doesn't work out, and it leads to an INT. And ones like the first two are in the OL situation. We just can't have defenders being able to obviously drop into passing lanes and go unnoticed.

RB - I'd like to see some home runs. We've gotten good production from the RB spot but we haven't really seen the true homerun threat. We obviously have it, but being able to bust a 60 or 70 yard play once or twice a game can really take the pressure off of having to execute 10+ times to score.

TE - A normal TE rotation would be nice.

WR - A true #1 to step up. Feels like we don't really have that Johnson/Thomas type of go to WR and think it would really help.

Defensively I mostly hope to see us getting healthy. Otherwise I hope we start out a little faster. Seems we have made good adjustments after bad starts. If we can start a little better it might be able to take some pressure off us and limit some mistakes.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Agree with almost all of the football related items, :unsure: I would also like to see 2KTae getting more quality touches so agree there. I'd also like to see our kick return break one to the house.

Also I want to win the coin flip and elect to kick. Start the game off with a blackwatch worthy 3 and out then drive the field for an early 7-0 lead. Never look back.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
A chunk play of over 50 yards. Bonus points if it’s a long pass downfield (25+ yards in the air). I think sims has completed one shot pass all year, to AB vs Cuse down the sideline but he stepped out at the 2. He hasn’t attempted very many though. I’d like to see us have a bit more of a home run threat which could open up the short pass game a little bit better

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Fewer penalties and self inflicted wounds. Would also like to see A. Brown make a comeback. Or see someone else emerge on offense as a playmaker.

Defensively, I’d like to see tighter coverage from DBs and better play. And see D line get some pressure.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST...FIEEEEELD GOOOAAALSSS!