What would it take for you to be satisfied

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
9-10 wins minimum each year. Average. Understand that you are gonna have the occasional 3-9 season.

But in order to do this CPJ is actually right, the AD has to raise commitment to meet expectations. Marketing must change. Perception must change. Commitment must change.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
After 3 wins last year, if we have a winning record this season I'd look back at the season and be OK with it. Not thrilled, but OK. Especially if we show progress.

However: While I don't like watching my team get beat, but I can't stand watching my team beat itself. The Clemson loss didn't hurt so much. They are a better team right now. We'd need to play our best and have some luck to upset them. We matched Miami and Pitt when we played to our ability. We beat ourselves with penalties, mistakes and bad calls. I won't be satisfied with continued sloppy play and poor coaching even if we find ways to win some games.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
What I want? Establish & maintain a truly "exceptional" program. One that competes every week/season. Is always in the discussion for ACC championship & higher. All that while making no compromise regarding academics. It's a challenging formula, but possible.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
My expectation is to win the Coastal every year. May seem unreasonable but a 2 conference loss team generally wins it every year. It’s obtainable but it’s not obtainable by losing to Pitt when you have the game in the bag.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Stay constructively dissatisfied.

If we are averaging 10 wins a year, but can't win the big one then is that something to really be happy about? See UGAG.

Hell, bama wins year in and year out and Saban is still mad. When you get satisfied, you get complacent. That's not a good look.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Not sure how to answer this, Saturday's loss hit hard. I was sure the defense would rise to the occasion after we took the 4th quarter lead ... then the tipped-pass. 4th and 1 ...
My good self wants to think we are not that far away and we'll be competing for Coastal titles soon.
My evil self says CPJ will never get it done.
I've been a Tech fan since grad school in 1982 so maybe I'm easier to please.
I would be satisfied competing for the Coastal title every year, beating UGA "at least" 50% of the games and having a final-4 year on occasion.
The one thing I can say that not many other college fans can say ... in my life time as a GT fan we have played for the national championship in all three major sports, winning in football in 1990.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
I want to see a competitive hard fought game every time out. Usually if you do that you'll win your share in a competitive league and have your big years. This year we have the two top 10 losses and the loss to Pitt who is like 6 points combined from being undefeated vs two tough road opponents (Okie St and UNC). Those were weird games because one had an epic lightening delay and the other UNC converted 3 fourth downs on a winning drive as time expired. We have competed hard every time except vs Clemson which was disappointing and is the one sticking in my craw.

This year I have been hoping is sort of a transition year from being grossly undermanned last year to being formidable next year. I think the offense is getting better and rounding into form. Special teams on the balance I will take though Rodwell scares the hell out of me.

The defense hasn't gotten better. Now, Pitt has scored a lot of points against a lot of people, but I just don't see the improvement on that side of the ball yet. It sort of makes sense because the the roster on that side of the ball is much sketchier. We knew that coming into the year--particularly the lack of pass rush. But still, at this point you want to see guys making progress. Other than Simmons I haven't been seeing a whole lot of guys progressing of late. Earlier some of our younger DL were making a few plays. The D really has to step up and get better.

We can be a really good team this year, but we have to grow into it week by week.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I've been really watching Tech since the 85 season. Saw plenty of ups and downs along the way. To many close games have gone in ugag favor. What I can live with would be beat the mutts once every 3-4 years. Just being realistic with the talent difference. Beat Clemson about the same because Clemson isn't the same team Tech once owned. What's aggravates me is we no longer beat Duke and Unc like we once did. VT pretty much owns us, so does Miami. It's going to be hard here on out unless something drastically changes.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I've been really watching Tech since the 85 season. Saw plenty of ups and downs along the way. To many close games have gone in ugag favor. What I can live with would be beat the mutts once every 3-4 years. Just being realistic with the talent difference. Beat Clemson about the same because Clemson isn't the same team Tech once owned. What's aggravates me is we no longer beat Duke and Unc like we once did. VT pretty much owns us, so does Miami. It's going to be hard here on out unless something drastically changes.
I hope the GT football program isn't entering a rough patch like 1929-1936,1967-1969,1979-1983,1986-1988 and 1992-1996. But however it goes i'll be watching the GT games on TV or listening to the GT football broadcasts online no matter what.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
My support is there no matter what, and I like CPJ for the most part...but I want to see us be more aggressive in defense. They've given up fewer points for the most part this year, but the lack of aggression looks just like it has since 2008. Hasn't been the case that much this year before last week, but more often than not our losses come because we can't stop the other team from scoring. 2011 and 2012 could have been so much better with even a shred of a defense....and a tad bit of aggression this year might force a few more turnovers.

It'd just be nice if we weren't having to score to win at the end of every close game, and maybe we could get some stops instead.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I am not satisfied, but it has absolutely nothing to di with disliking the offense per se. I love dit when it first came in and was a strong supporter. I felt that the concept that we needed to do something different to give us an edge,however small, was necessary and an excellent antidote to the stiflingly boring NFL style offense we had under Gailey. Which I did truly hate.

But, I feel we really are not competitive with the top teams we play. The so-called Power 4 (Miami, UGa, VT, and Clemson) have owned us. To be competitive, one has to win some...I don't know...maybe 1/3 of the time..something like that? Our record agains them:
2016 0-2
2015 0-4
2014 Exception
2013 0-4
2012 0-4
2011 1-3
2010 0-4

From 2009 and prior under CPJ, we were highly competitive with the Power 4 teams on our schedule, but since 2010, with the exception of one magical year, we have NOT been competitive.

I do NOT blame CPJ per se and am NOT in favor of his ouster. I do blame the leadership...whether it be the Hill under Peterson or the AA under ??, I am too far removed to say. I do have my criticisms of CPJ, but I am rapidly losing my interest in the program based on this run of frustration. One competitive year in seven does not cut it for me.

A guy said we are 3-12 vs P5 conference in last 2 yrs.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
We should strive to graduate 100% of our kids ... while being be a Top 25 program. That would be remarkable.
We don't graduate 100% of the people that enroll to Tech. Why should we expect our football team to be different? These students are afforded a lot of extra resources to succeed so they should be higher than student average, but unless we become a diploma factory for athletes I would never expect 100% graduation rate.

As for me, as long as the players are fighting to win every down, I'm satisfied.

Scubapro

Banned
This year...win out.
As a program...no less than 8 wins a year with a big run every three to four years.
PJ can shut up about being 2 and 2 in Athens until he puts together 7 in a row like they consistently do against us.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The Strategic Plan calls for "demonstrating progress toward competing for ACC and NCAA championships in every sport."

Academic Excellence, Competitive Excellence, Student-Athlete experience, Culture, Community

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The Strategic Plan calls for "demonstrating progress toward competing for ACC and NCAA championships in every sport."

Academic Excellence, Competitive Excellence, Student-Athlete experience, Culture, Community
GT might have to lower standards a bit to make GT have strong teams close to year in and year out.