What was the first GT and Non-GT football game that you attended?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
My first game was in 1979 against Auburn at Grant Field. We got flat out manhandled, 38-14, however my fellow rats were able to get the tail off the Auburn Tiger mascot. Pepper Rodgers was fired at the end of the year.

My first game ever was a CFL game in Toronto where the Toronto Argonauts played the Hamilton Tiger-cats sometime in the early '70's.
Wow you got to see Joe Theisman play for the Argos:D:cool:

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
When I was a kid GT vs Penn St. GT won 21-0.
Atlanta Stadium - Falcons vs Washington. Tommy Nobis blocked an extra point try and the game ended in a tie.
My first GT game as well. I believe it made Gt 9-0 in 66? I think my first non-Gt was falcons 78 Mazetti 5 field goals to beat LA Rams on Monday night.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
My first GT game was FSU @ GT in 1994 my freshman year. I’d just moved to town from Guam and had no idea football was as intense as it is in the south. Snuck into the band section and was with them pretty much the rest of my time at Tech.

My first non-Tech experience was some time in the late ‘70s at Annapolis. My dad was a professor there on a duty swing through teaching statics to Midshipmen. I was 3 or 4 at the most. Also saw Bob Hope do the USO show at Memorial Stadium as well. Great times.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
My first GT game was vs TCI as a Rat in 1968. We won 17-7, but finished the year with 4 straight losses including a clunker vs UGa. I had no idea GT football was so intense.

My first non-GT game? Hmm, dunno if I can recall.....probably Harvard vs someone in 1972-3 when I was in grad school up there.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
My first GT game was vs TCI as a Rat in 1968. We won 17-7, but finished the year with 4 straight losses including a clunker vs UGa. I had no idea GT football was so intense.

My first non-GT game? Hmm, dunno if I can recall.....probably Harvard vs someone in 1972-3 when I was in grad school up there.
Wasn't that TCU ?
Ross the Hoss Montgomery the RB.

My first AWAY gt game w Auburn in B ham(?) - LARRY Good ( on bad knee) was near perfect 21 of 27 (?) . Auburn was a good team and the day was cold and cloudy. At the end we got down into field goal range while down 20 to 18. The clouds began to part and the first rays shown down on to the two teams . Ga tech had gold and white and auburn was in darker colors . It was so awesome to see the players notice the moment. The field goal split the uprights as time ran out. Tech 21 to Tech 20.

The only Ga tech game i every have attended was nasty. Coach carson and good came out with weird passing formations and went down the field scoring 8 points. They scored and we started again. A targeted hit to larrys knee ended our chances of being respectable - 47 to 8 iirc.
I learned what thwg means on that hit .

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
My first GT game was against BYU in 2002. We won but unfortunately Tony Hollings got hurt.
I think my first non GT game was during the Falcons 1999 or 2000 season. I dont remember the game though.