What the announcer said.....

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Kagawa was carried off the field 15-20 mins after the game ended. Looked like a knee as they were 2 man lifting him.

So was he hurt during the celebration, you think?

That would be bad. Hope gray gets back. The way he hobbled then seized up, I was hoping for a bad body cramp.

LibertyTurns

Banned
By the time I got to the field the Team was in the locker room minus some that don't play. If I was guessing he would have been on the bench and they finally decided to plow they the crowd to the locker room.

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow
These are the same announcers who in the third quarter, after a Bback run was stuffed, smirked that FSU was playing chess and Johnson was playing checkers. You remember the third quarter, of course: Tech played keep away for more than 12 minutes? And for the night picked up 251 yards rushing against a really good defense? Sometimes for those guys laziness is enough to have a job next week.
Rod Gilmore has always been a detractor of Georgia Tech and CPJ's offense. I thought Mark Jones was pretty neutral.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
no I didn't notice that about gray, will have to go back and look. Austin kids are perfect inside the box and boundary 2deep corners...if we use em that way they can be strong for us. I still see one moving inside (S maybe) at some point depending on depth etc

It seems both twins can play all 5 DB positions fairly well and give us great depth. I am not sure whether we have better starters but it seems when both Austins are on the field, one or both are in on a lot of action. They give you a lot of hustle and effort.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I thought Shamire probably played his best game tonight too.
I should have mentioned that. He was beating everyone he hit. What I couldn't believe was that they usually had someone on his nose, obviously expecting them to beat him mano-a-mano. That was incredibly dumb; you don't send your DTs straight into a guy with decent speed who outweighs them by 50 lbs and expect success. Here's hoping the rest of our opponents are that unimaginative.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It seems both twins can play all 5 DB positions fairly well and give us great depth. I am not sure whether we have better starters but it seems when both Austins are on the field, one or both are in on a lot of action. They give you a lot of hustle and effort.
That is a wonderful picture of the two of them in the end zone together at the end of the run. I hope the parents see it and get a print -- a large one -- made for a wall at home.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of Gotsis (I know this is going to sound like sour grapes), may I ask what the diference was between his big lick on Golson and the targeting call he got against UNC? To me, both of those hits looked identical and clean.
When did his big hit occur? I'll make a side by side gif to compare. Also Jabari smacked golson pretty good one play. He was a bit shaken after that.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was looking for the flag on that play because they looked so similar. Someone near me said it looked like he hit him in the chest with no helmet contact. I'll have to look at it slow motion.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Speaking of Gotsis (I know this is going to sound like sour grapes), may I ask what the diference was between his big lick on Golson and the targeting call he got against UNC? To me, both of those hits looked identical and clean.

Let it go, queen Elsa (*crosses fingers hoping you get the reference*) .. but yeah I agree. I was thinking at the time that the hit this game was far more egretious.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Rod Gilmore has always been a detractor of Georgia Tech and CPJ's offense. I thought Mark Jones was pretty neutral.
Rod has always been one of my least favorite guys. His pac-10 shilling over the last 10 years borders on shameful. At least Musberger is getting paid to do it for the SEC. Any average fan watches more east coast football during a weekend than Rod Gilmore.