What the announcer said.....

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Why are we passing and taking a chance? We are already in field goal range, so run the ball and if you get the first down good, if not tie the ball game up. I just don't understand the logic behind what we do sometimes.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Same "expert" then talks about how important it was for FSU to break tendencies on that last 3rd down conversion.

Also, Gotsis is ballin, getting held and drawing no flags.

Guess I spoke to soon ...

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not gonna lie....JT has a little Reggie Ball in him. We honestly shouldn't even attempt to pass the rest of this season. We are awful at it. Furthermore, can we just not pass?

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not gonna lie....JT has a little Reggie Ball in him. We honestly shouldn't even attempt to pass the rest of this season. We are awful at it. Furthermore, can we just not pass?

But... he made the clutch 4th and 10 pass when we absolutely needed it. All his sins are forgiven for making that play. In private, I'm sure coach will have a few choice words with him.

Also, feel like atleast part of the blame should be on CPJ. JT (and the entire team) was confused on EVERY SINGLE 3rd down. It's just unbelievable. Can we just frickin' run a goddamn play on 3rd down without having to take a timeout every single time. It was infuriating to watch.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
But... he made the clutch 4th and 10 pass when we absolutely needed it. All his sins are forgiven for making that play. In private, I'm sure coach will have a few choice words with him.

Also, feel like atleast part of the blame should be on CPJ. JT (and the entire team) was confused on EVERY SINGLE 3rd down. It's just unbelievable. Can we just frickin' run a goddamn play on 3rd down without having to take a timeout every single time. It was infuriating to watch.
Agreed, we need to go back to having the a-back run the play in. This whole lining up and looking at the sidleine is not working

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Gotsis dominated. Not enough talk about that performance. And man is he hitting people hard. ****
I thought besides Gotsis that Golden played very well. We also got a lot of hits from the Austins . This was the best defense we have played in two years IMO. Lots of hustle and multiple hits. Did you notice that Gray was our MLB when we were in the 3 man line?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I thought besides Gotsis that Golden played very well. We also got a lot of hits from the Austins . This was the best defense we have played in two years IMO. Lots of hustle and multiple hits. Did you notice that Gray was our MLB when we were in the 3 man line?

no I didn't notice that about gray, will have to go back and look. Austin kids are perfect inside the box and boundary 2deep corners...if we use em that way they can be strong for us. I still see one moving inside (S maybe) at some point depending on depth etc

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow

The wasting of timeouts was frustrating. I don't like Johnson blaming the team for it. He was not ready.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Same "expert" then talks about how important it was for FSU to break tendencies on that last 3rd down conversion.

Also, Gotsis is ballin, getting held and drawing no flags.

Guess I spoke to soon ...
These are the same announcers who in the third quarter, after a Bback run was stuffed, smirked that FSU was playing chess and Johnson was playing checkers. You remember the third quarter, of course: Tech played keep away for more than 12 minutes? And for the night picked up 251 yards rushing against a really good defense? Sometimes for those guys laziness is enough to have a job next week.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
He was last week as well. It wasn't a new scheme, just executed better and more often.

Hope he wasn't seriously hurt. Didn't notice him come back in after going out late.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
He was last week as well. It wasn't a new scheme, just executed better and more often.

Hope he wasn't seriously hurt. Didn't notice him come back in after going out late.

Seems like Gray got a lick in the back, maybe a kidney bruise. Kagawa played that MLB slot in the 3 man alignment in the fourth Q as Gray did not come back. I like that scheme in obvious passing downs, and especially using Gray in that situation. I would have preferred someone to dog Cook instead of dropping off into a zone and leaving him so wide open as we did late in the game.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like Gray got a lick in the back, maybe a kidney bruise. Kagawa played that MLB slot in the 3 man alignment in the fourth Q as Gray did not come back. I like that scheme in obvious passing downs, and especially using Gray in that situation. I would have preferred someone to dog Cook instead of dropping off into a zone and leaving him so wide open as we did late in the game.
Gotsis also flexed out to DE in the alignment... he wreaked havoc there... along with everywhere else.