What is your favorite part of the gameday experience at BDS?

Buzz4President

Georgia Tech Fan
Unloading a van-full of tailgating gear and setting up in our usual spot on the lawn behind the student center parking deck. Putting up the two tents, tables, chairs, and cornhole boards. Organizing the food and drinks, decorating the tables and tents with all of our GT gear, and finally popping the first bottle of champagne for our ritual mimosa toast. Celebrating for hours with our daughters, son-in-law and close friends. Packing up before the game and walking through the beautiful campus toward the stadium, hopefully in time to see the band on the steps outside the stadium, all the while my heart starting to race in anticipation of watching a great football game.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Unloading a van-full of tailgating gear and setting up in our usual spot on the lawn behind the student center parking deck. Putting up the two tents, tables, chairs, and cornhole boards. Organizing the food and drinks, decorating the tables and tents with all of our GT gear, and finally popping the first bottle of champagne for our ritual mimosa toast. Celebrating for hours with our daughters, son-in-law and close friends. Packing up before the game and walking through the beautiful campus toward the stadium, hopefully in time to see the band on the steps outside the stadium, all the while my heart starting to race in anticipation of watching a great football game.
Wow! You guys do it right.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
That's the same place I tailgate when I'm in Atlanta and actually attend home games. I affectionately call it the "grassy knoll."

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
Walking down the tunnel under 85. Emerging and seeing a packed Bobby Dodd Way. Walking around campus with my father. Yellow Jacket Alley. Going into BDS about an hour before kick to watch us warm up. The excitement building before an evening game. Asking who won the toss. The Ramblin Wreck and the thrill of the opening kickoff. That feeling in your gut that doesn't go away until the clock hits 0:00. High fiving the fans around us, the same fans we see every year in our section. Staying for The Horse after every win.

Most of all, enjoying the game with my 90 year old grandmother. She has attended most every game since the 1950s. I treasure every chance I get to see a game with her.

Go jackets!!

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
I love getting to Peter's Parking Deck hours before the game then watching the Drum Line form and YJ Alley fill up. Then my friends and family begin to arrive and we drag out the food and drinks and catch up with each other. Although our wives know what we're doing, the guys slip off to watch the dancing girls before the team arrives. We close up everything in time to climb that damn Hill that I've despised for 40+ years and catch the band at the Library. Then down the hill and to our seats.

Been sitting in the Upper West for 30+ years after moving from the Upper East. [Wish they would stop making that damn ramp to my seats steeper each year. Guess it's to force the old farts to move to the lower deck.] As I walk up that ramp, I get flashbacks of all the great wins (and knife to the heart losses) in that time. Then thru the portal and the field and the ever changing Atlanta skyline come into view. Each time I thank God for letting me come back again as I know someday (probably not far off) someone else will have my seats.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I just love that feeling when I wake up on Saturday morning and it's GAME DAY! I really don't tailgate much-just leave the house an hour or so before game time. Once the game draws near and I am in my seat, I always look forward to AWBUZZ paying a quick visit with his big hat and all. That's how I know it is about time to kick off and get to business.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
423658_10151166094039306_1049003143_n.jpg

You guys are right-- this never gets old. One of the greatest traditions in all of college football. I love it when the Ramblin Wreck comes out of the tunnel.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My favorite game day experience has to be when I can take @SavhGTMom to a game. We were only able to go to 1 game last year together but we sure had a great time. I'm praying things work out so I can take her to at least one game this year but life has thrown us a big curve and she is dealing with a major health issue.

Love YJA, watching warm-ups from upper North Stands, CPJ roaming the field/sidelines, Ramblin Wreck leading the team onto Grant Field, Budweiser song, losing my voice from screaming, most of all BEING A YELLOW JACKET!!!!!!!!!

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
..being at a tailgate and a stadium where the colors I'm wearing are in the majority. South Tx is way too far from BDS, and I don't get to as many games as I'd like. However, a former intern of mine and his wife now live a few miles OTP, so I have a regular place to crash and a crew to tailgate with. Cracker's comin' home a lot more often from now on. Yeeehaaawww!

ballground jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Every single second of being on that campus on saturday is special to me. I had a liver transplant 51/2 years ago and fought my doctor as was in my seats 7 days after. The whistle, yellow jacket alley, The yellow jacket chant, the Budweiser song and the wreck coming out of the tunnel I can hear and see in my sleep. I am only a sidewalk fan but I bleed yellow jacket white and gold. I have had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital before a game one time because I was so sick and passed out. I will pretty much do anything to be in my seats.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The only thing I dislike about that pic is a less than overflowing BDS. If the angle of the camera showed the north endzone it would be excruciatingly painful to see the empty student section during our most storied tradition.