What is your favorite part of the gameday experience at BDS?

When I was younger going to fraternity house and seeing curiosity shop play. I know someone here besides me has seen these guys on campus after a home game.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I live in NC and only come to Atlanta a few times a year. I have had season tickets for the past 3 years. I just really enjoy walking through the tunnel under I75 from behind the Varsity and being on campus. I walk pass Glenn dorm where I lived as a freshman and then down past Peters Park to my fraternity house where I hang out for a while before the game. I just really enjoy being back on campus and walking into the stadium. The place where I took track for PE (when it circled the field), gymnastics, and drown proofing. I just really like those memories and knowing it has been a big part of my life.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I forgive u for your frustration causing u to ever think that MARKETING and Ga Tech Engineering will be used in a complimentary manner in a sentence

We are engineers who believe if we stay at our desk we will get what we deserve IN THE END. (The only solution marketing is to hire the gt guy that partied his way through the business school and barely graduated. He is probably head of marketing at compny in ATL.)

BACK TO THREAD
One cool thing most folks don't know about happens during the pre warm ups. After a varsity stop and player walk up, we rush to our seats behind gt bench to wait for coach johnson to come get a pregame tv interview. During walk up he is poker faced and very serious. While waiting for interviewer, he goes out of his way to visit and cut up w the folks working on the sidelines. You can see he genuinely enjoys being w them and and is totally at ease during this time before the game/battle. He exudes confidence.
Now that I know how to post pics I will put some up during the game.

the problem is no on in the AA is from GT...so what is their excuse for pathetic marketing?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Waking up to the sound of the Atlantic crashing on the beach, moving my tv to my second story patio overlooking said ocean while a Bob Marley version of Ramblin' Wreck plays in the background and an ice cold breakfast Margarita made from fresh squeezed lime juice, blue agave tequila, blue agave nectar and a touch of Grand Marnier sits at the ready.....

IS5qbczdmiw2bz0000000000.jpg

Oh wait, you said at BDS. Sorry.

That will be perfect for the BC game! Will have to do the girly drinks with fruit juices that early in the morning.

As to music, Boston and southern classic rock (Allman Bros, Lynyrd Skynrd, .....)

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
My brother and I go in a bit early to watch the team warm up. We position ourselves in the corner of the North and East stands down next to the tunnel where our guys come out. You get to hear a bit of the pre game pep talk from the leaders of each position group prior to their coming out for warm ups. Some of that is not for public consumption but let's you know the attitude going into battle. We watch the big defensive linemen go through their drills and listen to Coach Pelton do a bit of coaching. Always interesting to see what uniforms we are wearing. It's always an adventure and a guess leading into the stadium is part of the game we play for entertainment. Lot's to see down there at field level and it's just part of what makes the experience fun for us.

Go Jackets!

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I always go to YJA and always get to the stadium an hour early to watch warmups. My favorite is the game, and the game must be won or the net for the day is a bummer.
I always remember my days at Grant Field and working out five days a week on the track that surrounded the stadium. That stadium is my favorite place on Earth.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Yellow Jacket Alley, Varsity, Looking up during Media Timeouts and getting to see down town Atlanta lit up, getting there as soon as they open the gates and getting to post in the swarm chat what UNIs we are wearing, Varsity, watching the good guys win one, getting to see former players in the Stands, and the Varsity. That just about does it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Waking up to the sound of the Atlantic crashing on the beach, moving my tv to my second story patio overlooking said ocean while a Bob Marley version of Ramblin' Wreck plays in the background and an ice cold breakfast Margarita made from fresh squeezed lime juice, blue agave tequila, blue agave nectar and a touch of Grand Marnier sits at the ready.....

IS5qbczdmiw2bz0000000000.jpg

Oh wait, you said at BDS. Sorry.
Cheese...that looks pretty incredible. Enjoy your day, my friend.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Yellow Jacket Alley, then a walk up to see the fine folks at the North Metro GT Club tailgate. If we have friends in for the game, a meet-up out on Callaway Plaza. From there, it's little things.

There is one gentleman who works inside gate 9 that I have to shake hands with before each game. A walk up the stairs (never the elevator) and it's time to watch warm-ups 40 min. before kick-off. Mrs. Dr. Jacket has to get the 2-deep chart and I help her tear it out of the game program. Then, she folds it just right for quick access. These things have to happen. I love all of it, and we do this every Saturday home game.