What is your favorite Georgia Tech Bowl Game?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So many to choose from. I was too young to remember the Citrus Bowl, but love watching the replays. The 2014 Orange Bowl is my pick.

But man, there were some really fun ones during that stretch that started in 1997. The first Humanitarian Bowl (2003 season) when PJ Daniels went off was a lot of fun. I know it wasn't a huge game, but it was awesome seeing one guy perform like that.

Beating #9 Stanford (BCS) in the Seattle Bowl was cool with an interim coach...even if he was a mutt. ...as was dropping USC with Lame Kiffin.

Least favorite? Probably the freakin Silicon Valley nightmare. Tough to choose though...we should have won a bunch of those we lost. I don't mind the Miami loss or the WVU loss...even LSU (although their fans suck)...those were all good teams. It was the melt downs to Fresno (twice), Utah (twice), and Air Force that were so frustrating.

CornerBlitz

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok a bit strange but mine was the 1985 All American Bowl. The game was in Birmingham against Michigan State. We had not been to a bowl in a while and we were not favored to win. Then Dewberry, Gary Lee get suspended from the game. We end up winning with Todd Rampley at QB. Malcom King scores the winning touchdown. Tech wins 17-14.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjXhoyTqeXRAhVhrFQKHYQIDOsQtwIIMTAC&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb9reWrzWeQ&usg=AFQjCNHFET1cUls3mD2-UGymj4jkBqGhsQ&sig2=9hz5X38s05Nq8w2aBEcSyA

Great call. I was at that game as well. Left the stadium chanting ACC ACC!!! I think MSU had young Andre Rison, but could be wrong.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
The 2012 Sun Bowl GT-USC. It was great seeing GT send Lame Kiffin out a loser because of how arrogant they were going into the game. All of El Paso rooted for GT.

Even USC's fans were embarrassed with how their team acted. Showing up late for the bowl dinner celebration thing. alleged fist fights in the locker room. Matt Barkley refusing to play. best part might have been Rod Sweeting's MVP speech though.

Interviewer: "How do you feel?!"
Sweeting: "SHIIIIIIII-" *mic pulled away"

have only been a fan since I got accepted to go to GT so this was the first bowl game I saw us win.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Even USC's fans were embarrassed with how their team acted. Showing up late for the bowl dinner celebration thing. alleged fist fights in the locker room. Matt Barkley refusing to play. best part might have been Rod Sweeting's MVP speech though.

Interviewer: "How do you feel?!"
Sweeting: "SHIIIIIIII-" *mic pulled away"

have only been a fan since I got accepted to go to GT so this was the first bowl game I saw us win.
GT out physicaled USC badly Paul Johnson had them ready to play with their minds on the game. USC wasn't ready at all and it showed badly on Lame Kiffin.:drowning:

northgajacket

Banned
Unfortunately, I was only 1 when the Citrus Bowl happened, otherwise I would say that one. I would have to say 2014 Orange Bowl, second would be 2012 Sun Bowl, only b/c the classless USC program got beat and possibly help start the bus that Kiffin would soon be thrown under.

northgajacket

Banned
The 2012 Sun Bowl GT-USC. It was great seeing GT send Lame Kiffin out a loser because of how arrogant they were going into the game. All of El Paso rooted for GT.

Didn't USC refuse to go to some banquet. I remember them acting like they should have been in the National Championship Game even though they were 7-5. Talk about entitled.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
GT out physicaled USC badly Paul Johnson had them ready to play with their minds on the game. USC wasn't ready at all and it showed badly on Lame Kiffin.:drowning:
Kiffin left that game long before it was played. I don't ever remember seeing a coach quit on his team. Who would hire that slug?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
All time favorite will always be the Citrus Bowl...where GT just hammered Nebraska on our way to the Natty.

During CPJ's era, my favorite will be Sun Bowl. It snapped the bowl losing streak, and I was really happy for Tevin Washington. With all the crap he had to go through during his career (fans, coaches wanting him to move to AB, Vad) he perservered and led GT to its first Bowl win in the CPJ era.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I've gotta go with the 2014 Orange Bowl, and for good reason. Between that game and the narrow ACCCG loss to the 'Noles, GT got more good attention from casual fans than I can remember. I say this because I got attaboys from quite a few folks for a while after those games. People saw my GT logo hat/hoodie/shirt at the supermarket, gym, golf course, etc, and had good things to say about our team and questions about the school. And this is in south Texas - hardcore Dallas Cowboy, Aggie, and Longhorn country.

Memo to The Hill: a successful athletic team is an excellent way to acquaint the general public with our beloved Institute.