Welp. UCF 27 - GT 10

chriscarter

Georgia Tech Fan
Some good things. The defense fought hard and kept us in the game. Nate McCollum had an incredible effort play to save a touchdown and get us the ball back. Hall had his most productive game for us. Eley continues to be a baller. Sims has some very good plays, just needs more consistency.

I think the offense needed a spark. I'm just not sold on Sims. Great athlete but inconsistent and inaccurate.

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
We all are, but this
It's been unacceptable for 3+ years
i am part of the 20% that was called names when I pointed out the bad hire at the start. The fact that Temple went backwards after Rhule left and OUR fan base made proclamations of “If he turned around Temple/won at Temple/recruited at Temple he would surely be able to do it here” it be be like me saying. I’ve said it multiple times but the Temple fan base, albeit small, were glad to see ATL/Juice Crew/and hashtag coaching gone. From 10-4 to 7-6 with the SAME players and similar schedule is not progress, but TECH said welcome aboard. I found it strange at the time and still do.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
We are far away from ACC title contenders. We have talent but still at bottom of conference compared to other programs.
We’re literally the 5th best team in the conference talent wise. The only team who runs away from everyone else is Clemson, and they damn near lost to the least talented team in the entire ACC. Miami just lost big to Middle Tennessee. North Carolina has had to fight tooth and nail to beat 2 SunBelt teams already this year. Florida State lost to FCS Jacksonville State last year, and hasn’t really impressed this hear. Pitt is okay but not nearly as good as they were last year. VT is as bad as we are. Jury still out on UVA and Duke but they definitely aren’t more talented than we are.

The opportunity for ACC title contention was definitely there this year. There’s no reason for it not to be. The only limiting factor is a terrible coach and coaching staff. This year’s Georgia Tech team has way more talent than any of PJs teams outside of maybe 2008 and 2009, yet this year’s team sucks ***. And PJ was almost always in title contention.

We’re not even close to the bottom of the conference in talent, but we’re stuck at the bottom because of everything else.

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
The blocked punt returned for TD was devastating.
The untimely penalties on 3rd down gave them scores.
McCollum’s hustle to get back to strip the ball cannot be commended enough.
I saw effort today, but… too many mental mistakes.

I do wonder what the thoughts were on 3rd and 4th for 9 yards and we ran short plays.

On 4th and was it 3? And we lined up under center with B back and A backs. We didn’t drive block. I don’t get it.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
About that targeting - it wasn't so dangerous for the UCF guy as it was for Thomas. He leads with his head. It's dangerous to himself, and I wish he would be a little more careful. He's done that a few times before, too.

Symbolic of what GT did all day. Great play and hit by CT, BUT ended up hurting us with a penalty and we lost our best player on defense. We just couldn't get out of our own way all game...all season really.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Why do some of y’all keep saying we had better players? Maybe a few on offense and a few on defense but to say it as a blanket statement is ludicrous. Our DB’s get PI penalties like it’s no big deal. Those aren’t better players. Oue DLine jumps offsides a lot. I won’t even bring up Thomas getting ejected from this game and next game. Those aren’t better players. And at the most important position in all of sports we have an emotionless guy just going thru the motions. Take off the gold colored glasses. If those teams played in different uniforms y’all wouldn’t be saying the team that got smoked has better players.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Why do some of y’all keep saying we had better players? Maybe a few on offense and a few on defense but to say it as a blanket statement is ludicrous. Our DB’s get PI penalties like it’s no big deal. Those aren’t better players. Oue DLine jumps offsides a lot. I won’t even bring up Thomas getting ejected from this game and next game. Those aren’t better players. And at the most important position in all of sports we have an emotionless guy just going thru the motions. Take off the gold colored glasses. If those teams played in different uniforms y’all wouldn’t be saying the team that got smoked has better players.
They have athletic talent but are poorly coached, from what I see. Thus the errors.