Well this year sucked

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Just listened to CPJs presser. He is miffed and frustrated as well. I think we all are frustrated. TQM and Benson showed to be a great duo early this year, but I think it purely comes down to experience. TQM is a first year QB after being an A-Back and Benson also didn't have much playing time before this year. At times this year I recognized this offense other times, I didn't. It just seems like something was off or missing from this offense after we played Clemson / Miami, just seemed like we had an identity crisis. I don't feel like we ever got a death march going this year either. Things that used make this offense unstoppable just seemed to be missing.
I'm not sure what needs to be done, I love this offense, but seeing it busted like this leaves little to be desired with CPJ. This is his bread butter.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes this year sucked and changes need to be made. CPJ isnt going anywhere (we cant afford his buyout) unless he steps down. Roof might be gone though. However if CPJ is around someone needs to light a fire under him and fix some of the coaching issues. On top of that, the school it self really needs to look at ways to help out from academics to funding or we are going to continue to have issues
Something needs to change...this exhibition of futility is simply embarrassing...starting with the debacle of the the initial kick off...rinse and repeat..

Milwaukee

Banned
Just listened to CPJs presser. He is miffed and frustrated as well. I think we all are frustrated. TQM and Benson showed to be a great duo early this year, but I think it purely comes down to experience. TQM is a first year QB after being an A-Back and Benson also didn't have much playing time before this year. At times this year I recognized this offense other times, I didn't. It just seems like something was off or missing from this offense after we played Clemson / Miami, just seemed like we had an identity crisis. I don't feel like we ever got a death march going this year either. Things that used make this offense unstoppable just seemed to be missing.
I'm not sure what needs to be done, I love this offense, but seeing it busted like this leaves little to be desired with CPJ. This is his bread butter.

Great post. But I disagree about KB though as far as talent and potential. His yardage fooled a lot of us this season, but he's not the alpha dog/athlete that we have to have. He should be spelling our starting BB, because he can hurt defenses on his own.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, this was a bad one for sure. A buddy of mine put it well earlier when he said, “we all should have known after the Tennessee game.”

When I think about it now it all makes sense. It’s sad, but that game was a microcosm of the season...at least through the VT game. After that it felt like we just got worn down and lost our drive.

I don’t know what to make of it. I think the 2015 team beats this one on the field straight up. Maybe by two scores...even with the injuries. Strange thing is I feel like this team has equal or even more talent...but that’s sports, I guess....

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Yep. Lets ban all negative posts. They arent true fans. A real fan would never criticize his own team!
So you saw the posts removed and think the person was banned because they were negative? Or you have no clue?

What are your thoughts on the negative opinions in the other postgame threads that haven't earned a ban?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Taquon was 38% passing on the year. The numbers after the Wake Forest game are awful. The kid played his butt off, but we can’t be successful if we can’t hit teams big in the passing game when we throw. It makes us much too one dimensional. If he doesn’t improve in the offseason and remains the starter we will probably not look much better next year.

Not really all on Taquon...the receivers dropped some balls too, but the overall passing game was just dreadful.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/taquon-marshall-1/gamelog/2017

GTFLETCH

Banned
Is it me or does the last three years with all the player transfers and the Dedrick Mills dismissal feel like 1987 and 1988 or 1992-1993?
I am shocked by the number of recruits who have quit the team and wonder if that shows up in our two losing season?
CB Dorian Walker
CB Dante Wigley
CB Meiko Dotson
WR Harland Howell
OT Trey Klock
DE Jordan Woods
DE Kenderius Whitehead
AB/WR Mikel Land-Davis
LB Emanuel Bridges
WR Christian Philpott
SDE/DT Trent Sellers

BB Marcus Marshall

Dismissed
BB Dedrick Mills

Link
http://www.myajc.com/sports/college/where-georgia-tech-transfers-ended/2uFXPFJdD9fzirtvP43upJ/

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Is it me or does the last three years with all the player transfers and the Dedrick Mills dismissal feel like 1987 and 1988 or 1992-1993?
I am shocked by the number of recruits who have quit the team and wonder if that shows up in our two losing season?
CB Dorian Walker
CB Dante Wigley
CB Meiko Dotson
WR Harland Howell
OT Trey Klock
DE Jordan Woods
DE Kenderius Whitehead
AB/WR Mikel Land-Davis
LB Emanuel Bridges
WR Christian Philpott
SDE/DT Trent Sellers
BB Marcus Marshall

Dismissed
BB Dedrick Mills

Link
http://www.myajc.com/sports/college/where-georgia-tech-transfers-ended/2uFXPFJdD9fzirtvP43upJ/
While that is a little bit concerning, before the 2014 season we had a bunch of dismissals and transfers. Don't remember everyone but off the top of my head:

DE Justin Akins
DT Darius Comissiong
DE Kevin Robbins
WR Travin Henry
WR Anthony Autry
WR Myles Autry
BB Donovan Wilson
QB Ty Griffin
DB John Marvin

Not saying I like to see attrition, but transfers are just a part of college football. 2014 turned out pretty good if you ask me.

GTFLETCH

Banned
This year we really missed Marcus Marshall and Dedrik Mills just like we missed Laskey and Days in 2015. I like our guys but there is no replacement for experience and time in the system.
We also missed Justin Thomas. I am not so sure TQM is the future at QB. It may be time for Lucas Johnson or Tobias Oliver. I mean if we are only going to win 5 games and miss a Bowl, why not allow the younger QBs to get some reps! TQM could be moved back to AB!

GTFLETCH

Banned
While that is a little bit concerning, before the 2014 season we had a bunch of dismissals and transfers. Don't remember everyone but off the top of my head:

DE Justin Akins
DT Darius Comissiong
DE Kevin Robbins
WR Travin Henry
WR Anthony Autry
WR Myles Autry
BB Donovan Wilson
QB Ty Griffin
DB John Marvin

Not saying I like to see attrition, but transfers are just a part of college football. 2014 turned out pretty good if you ask me.
Yea but those transfers were covered in 2014 with all the RS seniors on the 2014 roster! The lack of depth in 2015 due to the the transfers you named really bit us in the arse in 2015 during our 3 win season. Plus one could add to your list that we missed on Travis Custis!