Well I was dead wrong

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I cannot lie, I was hoping that Tatum or Kennard or one of them would roll an ankle when they were still in the game up 30+

Given that Duke was up 31 AT THE HALF, who was he supposed to play in the second half? Volunteers from the crowd?

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I really wonder how long people thought he should get for tripping someone in the heat of the moment. 3 games? If so then you think what Allen did was as bad as getting a DUI? Because that's how long we suspended Bolden for when he got a DUI. A one game suspension is what Green got for similar issues in the NBA, and what Chris Pual got when he nut punched Julius Hodge. Hell, I don't think we suspended Attaochu when he punched Logan Thomas. But hell, if he wasn't playing fro Duke this would be a non story to begin with.

As far as the actual game goes, I like the idea of burning the tape and moving on.

The problem with Allen is he's shown a pattern of doing bush-league stuff like that before. If it was a first offense, fine a game seems reasonable. Even second offense, maybe a game is good there. Third strike? I'm not saying kick him off the team, but 1 game makes a mockery of calling it "indefinite". Like the other guy said, to K indefinitely means "until we lose". I'll just say I would have no sympathy if he gets "accidentally" tripped by an opponent and tears his knee up. Not wishing it on him, but won't be sad.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Why is cussing out a fan more frowned uponthan tripping a guy not once not twice but three times on the basketball court?

It's not a matter of whether cussing is worse than tripping. Its that doing it with a fan.

The problem with Allen is he's shown a pattern of doing bush-league stuff like that before. If it was a first offense, fine a game seems reasonable. Even second offense, maybe a game is good there. Third strike? I'm not saying kick him off the team, but 1 game makes a mockery of calling it "indefinite"

Except hardly anyone would suspend anyone for the first offense over something like that. Again, did we suspend Attaouchu for throwing a bunch? Nope. Nor should we have. Things that happen in the heat of the moment like that are usually received with whatever personal foul is called for in the game. The exception to that is the automatic suspension for a half that is associated in football for targeting calls. And it has been met with heavy criticism and usually seen as bogus. It was because it was a repeat offense that it even warranted a 1 game suspension. Anyways, it shouldn't have been called an indefinite suspension. It should have always just been a suspension for one game.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I really wonder how long people thought he should get for tripping someone in the heat of the moment. 3 games? If so then you think what Allen did was as bad as getting a DUI? Because that's how long we suspended Bolden for when he got a DUI. A one game suspension is what Green got for similar issues in the NBA, and what Chris Pual got when he nut punched Julius Hodge. Hell, I don't think we suspended Attaochu when he punched Logan Thomas. But hell, if he wasn't playing fro Duke this would be a non story to begin with.

As far as the actual game goes, I like the idea of burning the tape and moving on.

The problem with Allen is he's shown a pattern of doing bush-league stuff like that before. If it was a first offense, fine a game seems reasonable. Even second offense, maybe a game is good there. Third strike? I'm not saying kick him off the team, but 1 game makes a mockery of calling it "indefinite". Like the other guy said, to K indefinitely means "until we lose". I'll just say I would have no sympathy if he gets "accidentally" tripped by an opponent and tears his knee up. Not wishing it on him, but won't be sad.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope that Allen does it again just so Coach K looks even more ridiculous.