Well I was dead wrong

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Grayson Allen to start tonight

And here I thought the ACC was putting some teeth in this behind the scenes

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
What a bunch of typical Duke/K horse****...him stripping him of his captaincy then going out with the back was too get him back on the floor because they needed his offense and him being out is hurting the kids chance to play for pay....the evil take care of there own.Should piss us off more and take it right at that punk.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I still don't understand how that THUG Allen only got a one game suspension. Makes me sick.

It's because he plays for Duke
Duke is not regulated by the conference they play in nor the organization that regulates all other teams not named UNC Kentucky or Kansas, they are regulated by their own coach. Who has a vested interest in that teams success.

Ipso Facto

1 game suspension.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
If only Josh Heath could have matched his total point production for the year, we would have won by 4.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
I still don't understand how that THUG Allen only got a one game suspension. Makes me sick.
A 1 game suspension when he was suspended indefinitely. No surprise that Coach K would do this. What punishment did Laettner get for stomping a man in his chest? Same guy who told a kid from another team that he needed to behave a certain way and then lied about it until he was caught in his lie.

Too bad that Tech couldn't pull off another upset but there are going to be nights like this when you're rebuilding. Hopefully this is a game that everyone learns from and are able to avoid repeating.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The only reason Allen was suspended at all was because the media started T'ing off on Coach K's rep. If there's anything Coach K cares about more than his W-L record is how his legacy will be viewed.

Remember, this was a guy who preached the "Duke Way"...his guys staying all 4 years, and he they didn't he would not put up any championship banners until all members graduated.

So now that the focus was on his impending hiatus for surgery, of course it was a good time to sneak Allen back in lineup.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I've been a Tech fan for 30 years that was the worst loss I can remember. Maybe 98-99 Kentucky loss at the dome? But this was a complete beat down.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
I've been a Tech fan for 30 years that was the worst loss I can remember. Maybe 98-99 Kentucky loss at the dome? But this was a complete beat down.
I was at that Kentucky game. Worse loss I've ever seen in person in any sport including college baseball. And it was the 1rst time that I had gone to a Tech game. This loss wasn't a surprise other than just coming off of the Carolina win.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Even my Duke friend at the game thought he should not have been back after one game. Coach K lost my respect with this one.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
My brother @No Comment got it right on Allen. He said that a Coach K "indefinite suspension" means "until they lose a game." The only surprise is that VT made it take only one game.