Week 7 ACC and games of note

slugboy

Staff member
Syracuse up 17-6 on NCST. The loser might fall out of the top 25

North Dakota State leads South Dakota State 21-20 in the 4th.

James Madison Leads Ga Southern 24-14 (and people have raised both coaches as possible here)

Miami beats VT 20-14. In 2000, that would have been a barn burner of a game between top 10 teams

Ole Miss beats Auburn 48-34. Auburn‘s schedule is brutal the rest of the way, and their HC Harsin needs his next job—rough combo

Oklahoma beats Kansas, but Kansas is still fun.

FSU v Clemson tonight

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I can’t blame the young man for leaving us to get a chance to start on the #1 team in the country, but I wish we still had Jamyr. He has 100 yard early in the 3rd qtr against Tennessee.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
More specifically southern won throwing for 576 yards and o l y rushing for 13 but when they needed to they lined up under center and got a yard

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
You knew Duke was going to blow that as soon as they committed the 2nd straight penalty after seemingly icing the game. The missed FG and ensuing 2 minute drill by UNC were just foregone conclusions at that point.

Tech remains in 2nd place halfway through October.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I hate dook, can’t count on them for anything
Yup. They melted down and choked that game away. Had a 3rd and 2 with 2:30 left in the game at the Carolina 12, and proceeded to get a 5 yard penalty and a 15 yard penalty to make it 3rd and 22! Missed a makable 40 something yard FG. UNC then drives the length of the field and scores winning TD with like 16 seconds left.

yoshiki2

Georgia Tech Fan
Yup. They melted down and choked that game away. Had a 3rd and 2 with 2:30 left in the game at the Carolina 12, and proceeded to get a 5 yard penalty and a 15 yard penalty to make it 3rd and 22! Missed a makable 40 something yard FG. UNC then drives the length of the field and scores winning TD with like 16 seconds left.
Not sure why so much hate with UNC. I got coworkers from UNC, really nice people. But the few coworkers/people I met from Duke, they believe the world spins around them...

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
duke shoulda beat unc, I see no reason why we can’t beat them.

also i wonder how the ACC refs decide who to throw the game to in these NC mafia matchups? Or do they just call it straight?

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
You do have to admit -- in the final season of divisions for ACC football, it would be pretty funny if we go 6-0 in Coastal and still miss our shot at the title because of that dumb permanent crossover against one of the best teams in the country.
Won't we have the tiebreaker in that scenario, though?

Every Coastal team would have one loss due to playing us, so best they could do is tie.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Won't we have the tiebreaker in that scenario, though?

Every Coastal team would have one loss due to playing us, so best they could do is tie.
We still have an ACC non-Coastal game against F$U in a couple weeks. I actually think this game is our most likely remaining loss aside from UGA.

We would have any tiebreakers around head-to-head record in a 6-2 situation like that though. UNC actually has a tough cross division slate this year (WF and NCST but w/o Leary) so if they go 7-1 with their sole loss being us, they’ve probably still earned the division title.