Week 5 Media Louisville vs. Georgia Tech #ULvsGT

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
They need to set some hard goal to earn the right to use "Black Watch". Maybe PPG or top-ten defense in total yards or something.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

The ACC has had Friday-night games as part of its ESPN package since 2013. Tech played its first in 2018, a 66-31 rout of Louisville. Not including Notre Dame, every ACC team except Clemson and N.C. State has taken its turn in hosting a Friday home game.

After the original schedule release in January, ESPN approached Tech about the possibility of moving its Sept. 19 game against Central Florida up one day to Friday, Sept. 18. Coach Geoff Collins consulted with state high-school coaches to get their feedback. When they gave Collins their support, Tech went ahead and accepted the request.

When the schedule was revised in August, the ACC gave Tech another Friday-night game, this one against Louisville.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Curry started the Blackwatch thing when Roof played. The players had to earn the GT logo to be part of the Blackwatch. Not sure what determined how they earned it. I think the letters were black but that was a long time ago for me to remember that detail. Their helmets did not have the logo otherwise on the D. I think Lindsey was his DC back then. He was a darn good coach and well thought of.

Scubapro

Banned
Curry started the Blackwatch thing when Roof played. The players had to earn the GT logo to be part of the Blackwatch. Not sure what determined how they earned it. I think the letters were black but that was a long time ago for me to remember that detail. Their helmets did not have the logo otherwise on the D. I think Lindsey was his DC back then. He was a darn good coach and well thought of.
Lindsey was one of my favorites. I believe the criteria for getting in the Black Watch was:
Create a turnover
Get a turnover
Getting a clean 'De-cleating' hit