Week 3 Media #GTvsCUSE

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Mark my words, if he goes for it, Jack Coco will make an NFL roster. His versatility and work ethic seem too good to pass up for an NFL team

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hi, My handle is MidtownJacket, and I am a GT Football Addict.

Here I am, Thursday morning, and I am right back to not being able to focus on work and constantly hitting refresh to get more football content about the game this Saturday.

Thanks fam, it felt good to get this off my chest.

All: "Hi, midtownJacket."

My name is kg01 and I am a GT football addict.

It's been 6 hours since I watched the Central FL game recording .. b-but I only watched Gibbs highlights this time.

That's progress ... right?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
This morning was the first time the Syracuse football team was able to step foot on the Dome field since construction began i.e., first time for the true frosh, and the first time this fall for the whole team.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
It's really not as a former outsider. Same deal with NFL Hall of Famers.

Look at the win % graph. What's the main difference between GT and Syracuse? To me the primary takeaway that I'm all too familiar with is that they made one of the worst HC hires in history in 2004. Their fans have catalogued articles on Greg Robinson - oft cited as one of the worst hires all time.

Cuse was a proud/fringe top 25 program thru the early 2000's. That lost decade (roughly 2004-2010 really) did potentially irreversible damage to program perception. Prior to that Syracuse was top 10-ish in All-Time wins in college football. They had an undefeated season 3 years before our 1990 natty.

ETA: You know what the nail in the coffin was in 2004 that led to Paul Pasqualoni's firing? The Champs Sports Bowl game vs. GT and Calvin Johnson.

He may be the worst but he whose name is never spoken on this forum would give him a run for his money. All it takes for a non factory, fringe program is one really bad hire and its lights out for years. In retrospect, following Bill Lewis with Coach O'Leary, was a stroke of luck as what could have been a "lost decade" became merely an ongoing insider joke.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Hi, My handle is MidtownJacket, and I am a GT Football Addict.

Here I am, Thursday morning, and I am right back to not being able to focus on work and constantly hitting refresh to get more football content about the game this Saturday.

Thanks fam, it felt good to get this off my chest.

Hell, Midtown, you don't have to introduce yourself like this is some kind of 12 step rehab. You could be "addicted" to worse things you know...like Falcons football.

Milwaukee

Banned
Didn’t listen to the Thacker interview but did anyone ask him why Allen isn’t on the field every snap over the other safeties? Not sure if Allen is injured maybe?

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Didn’t listen to the Thacker interview but did anyone ask him why Allen isn’t on the field every snap over the other safeties? Not sure if Allen is injured maybe?
Because he isn't better than Thomas or Carpenter?

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer