Week 3 Media #GTvsCUSE

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Syracuse.com Q&A with George O’Leary: On leaving Syracuse for Georgia Tech, the Carrier Dome and more
Not up for debate: He recruited some of the best players to come through the program, coaching and mentoring Tim Green among other key cogs in the golden era of SU football. His rise up the college ranks started in Syracuse the year the Carrier Dome opened in 1980 and carried him South to Atlanta, where his career shot off like a cannon at Georgia Tech.

O’Leary left Syracuse for Georgia Tech just ahead of the unbeaten season in 1987, missing out on a touchstone season that manifested itself off the backs of Ted Gregory, Don McPherson and other great players from the New York City and Long Island areas O’Leary recruited.
Where’s O’Leary’s allegiance lie?

“I always root for the schools I’ve been at,” O’Leary told the Post-Standard | syracuse.com earlier this week.

“They’re playing each other. I always stay neutral, but when you’ve been a head coach at a place, I sort of favor them.”

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
OK @CuseJacket Who you really pulling for this week?
The team that wears blue.

Back in the day that was the orange/blue team. Now it's the white/gold/blue team.

Honestly I don't really enjoy these match-ups, other than for the fact that it simplifies my Saturdays. Worst part about it is we'll all have to listen to @kg01 talk about his love for Boeheim in gameday chat.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Back in the day that was the orange/blue team. Now it's the white/gold/blue team.

Honestly I don't really enjoy these match-ups, other than for the fact that it simplifies my Saturdays. Worst part about it is we'll all have to listen to @kg01 talk about his love for Boeheim in gameday chat.

Bayhime diggin' up his nose is some of my best material, sir.

Deleted member 2897

1600806789540.jpeg

18gp5waxw2ti6jpg.jpg

jim-boeheim.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
I found coach Thacker statement of making an NFL adjustment to their scheme with Charlie Thomas very interesting.

Did the rover concept start during the first week or did they have this in mind and developed this during the off-season.

You can tell he needs he’s been struggling with all the injuries and players being out.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Two interesting things I heard from from CGC's press conference that I didn't know and found interesting.

1) D. Smith and J. Griffin are both on the kick-off coverage team. That's 2 of the top 3 backs playing Saturday were on kick-off coverage.

2) A. Stone was referenced as a defensive tackle.

He also said he considers all of these guys his. I think that's right. Those of you who think he's playing games with who starts based on "his recruits" versus "CPJ's recruits" needs to stop pressing your biases on CGC. I believe the man when he says they're all his kids.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Thacker has improved his press conference game a lot. He was a jittery mess the first one but now he’s a cool customer.
Didn’t take the bait on the depth question but it would have been easy for him to lay blame there.
I know tempo is our game plan on offense too, but it did not help the D at all. 90 snaps with a depleted line and thin depth is not a recipe for good defense late

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
This is incredibly terrible

The YES Network has the rights to the game — scheduled at noon — but it will not be available in Central New York because of a conflict with the New York Yankees-Miami Marlins game at 1:05 p.m.

Orange fans won’t get to experience the new stadium in-person because of Covid-19 restrictions.

The game is being televised on the ACC Regional Sports Network. In-market fans will also be able to stream the game through the Fox Sports Go app, as long as they have their online sign-in info for a cable or satellite provider. If not, fans will have to wait to watch a delay broadcast on YES at midnight Saturday.