• Cuse by 7-13

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Cuse by 14+

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Must not be drinking enough water. Keep that digestive system healthy.

Once I realized that most beer is >93% water I was really able to increase my water consumption. All for my digestive health, of course. Oh, and thanks for the dreaming references, now I can't get that Les Mis song out of my head ... "I dreamed a dream...."

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I really hate when GT fans (and alumni) try to explain away the accolades afforded to our student-athletes. Everything you've said above may be true, but...so what? IT IS A POSITIVE COMMENT ABOUT GT FOOTBALL. Stop ****ting all over a positive comment. If you don't agree, that's fine. Keep that **** to yourself.
wow, the truth is the truth--if it makes you feel better to ignore it, great

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
@Sheboygan, in a different thread you said:
Well, if there was one glaring weakness today it was letting Cuse receivers get behind our DBs. They didn't have much talent except a QB with a good arm and very speedy receivers. We got caught looking in the backfield several times with bad results. And Collins coaches the DBs !!

Before the game I posted this:
I won't necessarily be concerned if Cuse scores more than 20, particularly if we are still missing 5 different DL who are clearly not just depth guys.

Even if we get some of those pieces back, I still might not be concerned if Cuse breaks 20. I won't bother looking up the highlights, but the Orange proved capable of getting behind the UNC and Pitt D. The QB either misfired (and he's not a bad QB) and in at least one case a receiver was wide open in the end zone and the ball went right thru his hands. Cuse is not THAT bad on average, so just coming back to the mean would imply they score more points against what - right now - is the worst DL they have faced thus far.

Still, their offensive line is beat up and has just as many injuries/gaps as our DL, and they are inconsistent. So as long as they don't move the ball with ease, I won't fret our D.

We also have an advantage offensively that UNC and Pitt did not i.e., we have multiple games on film with Cuse in their new 3-3-5 D. I think we should be able to do enough on offense even if there are miscues to win this one. Sticking with my Sunday prediction of 28-21.

DeVito missed similar throws in prior games. If he had overthrown Boyd on the backbreaker after we closed to 23-20, as he had done in prior games, the outcome might have been different. But as you suggested, DeVito's arm is capable when given time. Unfortunately our DL, and frankly our front 7, were incapable of getting to the QB like Pitt and UNC, and therefore he had time in the pocket and more poise to connect on those.

Narduzzi is also allegedly a DB guy, and his DBs were beat too. Cuse was only able to connect on one of those throws vs. Pitt. The difference in the game on the whole is that Pitt's DL is WAY ahead of ours, supported by recruiting rankings. But to that end, it gives me hope that if Pitt can recruit the right guys, then Collins @ GT should be able to as well. Unfortunately without transfers, we're looking out at a couple years down the road.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

DeVito missed similar throws in prior games. If he had overthrown Boyd on the backbreaker after we closed to 23-20, as he had done in prior games, the outcome might have been different. But as you suggested, DeVito's arm is capable when given time. Unfortunately our DL, and frankly our front 7, were incapable of getting to the QB like Pitt and UNC, and therefore he had time in the pocket and more poise to connect on those.

Narduzzi is also allegedly a DB guy, and his DBs were beat too. Cuse was only able to connect on one of those throws vs. Pitt. The difference in the game on the whole is that Pitt's DL is WAY ahead of ours, supported by recruiting rankings. But to that end, it gives me hope that if Pitt can recruit the right guys, then Collins @ GT should be able to as well. Unfortunately without transfers, we're looking out at a couple years down the road.

Hats off to Syracuse. Their team decided that they were tired of losing and did something about it. They looked much better in nearly every phase of the game from what I saw playing UNC and Pitt. The only exception being they were surprisingly stout on defense against UNC's vaunted offense. What we need to do is be inspired to do the same thing in two weeks against Louisville. Clean up the penalties and turnovers would go a long way to winning that ball game.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer

Agreed. After the game, I wondered if we were overmatched physically, unprepared scheme-wise, or BOTH. Devito ( Sr. QB, and their RB's got or DBs to bite with a good run fake, helping their WRs break free. Sims will hopefully improve on that part as the game slows for him.

Deleted member 2897

I hope our team doesn't read this blog before games with us calling Cuse a dumpster fire, etc. We came out flat after the delay , Pitt was fired up. We fought our way back to get close. But "Close" only counts in horseshoes , hand grenades and slow dancin'......

(Close counts with farts too.)

Well, in fairness to us, two points. First, Syracuse WAS a dumpster fire. 1 single touchdown through 8 quarters. 392 total yards of offense in 2 full games. 12 total combined points. Second, many of us did say Syracuse could win if we played flat or made all the mistakes we’ve been making.

and actually I’ll make a third point. I would even put Louisville in sort of similar bucket. Their only win so far was a squeaker against Western Kentucky. I think they are significantly better than Syracuse, so they could also beat us by 3 touchdowns if we don’t show up ready to play. But likewise, I think they are a beatable team if we clean up our act. A couple years ago, we were 2-3 and headed up the road to play at Louisville. Our only wins were against a terrible Bowling Green team and an Alcorn State FCS team.

We scored on all 9 possessions against Louisville.

And we were blessed with one of the best trolling tweets ever:

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
(Close counts with farts too.)

Well, in fairness to us, two points. First, Syracuse WAS a dumpster fire. 1 single touchdown through 8 quarters. 392 total yards of offense in 2 full games. 12 total combined points. Second, many of us did say Syracuse could win if we played flat or made all the mistakes we’ve been making.

and actually I’ll make a third point. I would even put Louisville in sort of similar bucket. Their only win so far was a squeaker against Western Kentucky. I think they are significantly better than Syracuse, so they could also beat us by 3 touchdowns if we don’t show up ready to play. But likewise, I think they are a beatable team if we clean up our act. A couple years ago, we were 2-3 and headed up the road to play at Louisville. Our only wins were against a terrible Bowling Green team and an Alcorn State FCS team.

We scored on all 9 possessions against Louisville.

And we were blessed with one of the best trolling tweets ever:

Yes , and farts too !!:wtf: