• Cuse by 7-13

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Cuse by 14+

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I am hoping the loss at home combined with the guys still missing helps make us sharp this week.

During these unprecedented circumstances we need to lock in 4theCulture, hold on to the Dang rope, finish the drive and Put The Ball Down And Play Elite Football where Competition is King and we are Great Teammates who are Above the Line with Everyday Champions focused on being a 5 star developmental program.

🍿🍾:gt:👑🏈🏆🏆🏆🏆🥃
FTFY

Deleted member 2897

I am hoping the loss at home combined with the guys still missing helps make us sharp this week.

We need to lock in 4theCulture, hold on to the Dang rope, finish the drive and Put The Ball Down And Play Elite Football where Competition is King and we are Great Teammates who are Above the Line with Everyday Champions focused on being a 5 star developmental program.

!!!BINGO CARD FULL!!!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Easy sleepwalk game. Tech better come out focused and ready to go, especially as a young team. Easily could be an L if they do not take Cuse seriously since everyone is saying we should murder them.
Everyone = GT fans

Vegas says GT by 7.5 at the moment.

I often look at Vegas like the stock market. Layman / public perception is Syracuse is absolutely terrible. So, in theory it's a buy low opportunity for Syracuse. Their backs are against the wall. I'm not sure what common wisdom is re: GT, but the good news is I don't think we're getting a lot of respect despite beating FSU. So maybe we're still buy low-ish. If the follow-the-crowd media experts start predicting blow-out, then it raises my concern a bit.

My takeaway? We could take them seriously and still squeak it out.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
Missing so much on Defense really concerns me. Missing Mason and the Dylan’s really concerns me. Game maybe a lot closer than some of us thinks.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I hate to say it, but I don't think Cuse is that bad. They had to start on the road against what may be good ACC teams.

If Tech had started with UNC and Pitt on the road, I'm not sure we'd have done much better as sloppy and banged up as we've been. This time, we have to travel a long way, we're still banged up, and I've yet to see the sloppy get fixed.

This is their first home game and they've got a big chip on their shoulder. Unless Tech cleans up ST and turnovers in a big way, I fear this could be a get-right game for them.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
Missing so much on Defense really concerns me. Missing Mason and the Dylan’s really concerns me. Game maybe a lot closer than some of us thinks.
I hate it for Mason that he is out, but I don't believe it will hold us back. We are deep in that group. The fact that Dylan will likely change our play calls and worries me a bit though. I still see a W for the good guys if we hold the ball.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I hate it for Mason that he is out, but I don't believe it will hold us back. We are deep in that group. The fact that Dylan will likely change our play calls and worries me a bit though. I still see a W for the good guys if we hold the ball.

The biggest time we will miss mason is on 3rd and short and goal to go situations.

Deleted member 2897

What a crazy time. Missing Mason, but backing him up is three 4-star running backs.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I’d be Interested in seeing on short yardage situations without Mason if we use Gleason ala Mathew Jordan style. or we just pitch it to Gibbs, ala rocket toss style, and just let him beat the defender to the marker.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Everyone = GT fans

Vegas says GT by 7.5 at the moment.

I often look at Vegas like the stock market. Layman / public perception is Syracuse is absolutely terrible. So, in theory it's a buy low opportunity for Syracuse. Their backs are against the wall. I'm not sure what common wisdom is re: GT, but the good news is I don't think we're getting a lot of respect despite beating FSU. So maybe we're still buy low-ish. If the follow-the-crowd media experts start predicting blow-out, then it raises my concern a bit.

My takeaway? We could take them seriously and still squeak it out.
Hungrier dog runs faster. We're gonna find out how hungry Cuse is.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
41-20 Cuse. I have zero faith in our Defense at all 3 levels. Please prove me wrong fellas.

I doubt it will be that bad but I could see us laying another egg on Def (but not to cfu extent).They blitz lot and without Mason to muscle for 1st downs we could struggle because I think TOs are a fact with this team.
I'm glad that there are no fans since normally it is deafening in that Dome.Again 2 bad teams ,maybe we can sneak one out.

GT_EE78

Banned

We need to lock in 4theCulture, hold on to the Dang rope, finish the drive and Put The Ball Down And Play Elite Football where Competition is King and we are Great Teammates who are Above the Line with Everyday Champions focused on being a 5 star developmental program.

That sounds MON-U-MEN-TAL

alagold

Helluva Engineer

That's all good but-
"Without a MISSED tackle?"--in that fsu game on key 4th down,he not only missed the tackle he didn't TOUCH/whiffed on that QB scramble (no touch,no miss ?)--it was Ryans that caught the guy from behind and tackled him causing the fumble.
I'm sorry- Jackson is ok but one of the big reasons he has so many tackles is that the DL is so decimated that he has lots of chances. When a team runs on you for 240 yds (cfu), there is a problem.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I doubt it will be that bad but I could see us laying another egg on Def (but not to cfu extent).They blitz lot and without Mason to muscle for 1st downs we could struggle because I think TOs are a fact with this team.
I'm glad that there are no fans since normally it is deafening in that Dome.Again 2 bad teams ,maybe we can sneak one out.
Our defense didn't lay an egg against UCF.. they held them to 28 until like 10 minutes left in the game, then we turned the ball over what, like two times? Which gave them short field and our defense was gassed by that point. Our defense did great against their gimmicky "up tempo" (more like don't wait for the chains to set so no reviews can be called and teams can't get set) offense. Also the refs DID NOT help our defense.

I think our defense is good, they did great against FSU, and we are missing some stars on defense.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You would think that, but there were a lot of people on this board that predicted a win at Temple last year.

And I thought we'd beat El Cid.

First game we are favored this year. We won when we were underdogs and lost one. What could go wrong? Less than 3 turnovers and we win.

We should win, but that doesn't matter when we start playing.

Last edited: