• Cuse by 14+

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Everyone = GT fans

Vegas says GT by 7.5 at the moment.

I often look at Vegas like the stock market. Layman / public perception is Syracuse is absolutely terrible. So, in theory it's a buy low opportunity for Syracuse. Their backs are against the wall. I'm not sure what common wisdom is re: GT, but the good news is I don't think we're getting a lot of respect despite beating FSU. So maybe we're still buy low-ish. If the follow-the-crowd media experts start predicting blow-out, then it raises my concern a bit.

My takeaway? We could take them seriously and still squeak it out.
Agreed 100%. I think public perception is we just beat FSU! 😂 Then we were "in it" with UCF. Cuse is 0-2 and hasn't moved on offense at all.
Their defense has looked pretty good in 6.5/8 quarters of football. BUT, that was the 1st game for unc that historically starts slow in games. And how good is Pitt on offense? I'd say we are far more explosive.

End of the day you can spin it either way. Knowing we are EXTREMELY young. Playing something like 5-6 true freshman I say we win, but by less than 7. Not sure we clean up mistakes this YEAR let alone in a week. Sims will get better each week, but that may not add up to a mistake free game or noncrucial mistakes. That will be year 2. The idea is can we call a game that reduces risk while still gaining yards. If we can do that we will be okay.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I hate it for Mason that he is out, but I don't believe it will hold us back. We are deep in that group. The fact that Dylan will likely change our play calls and worries me a bit though. I still see a W for the good guys if we hold the ball.
The only difference between Mason and Gibbs is Mason would get the tough yards. We’ll get Gibbs out in open space often enough he’ll get to 100yds probably fairly easily. That’s where he excels along with sneaking out of the backfield when the coverage has the WRs locked down. When we need the tough yards they can bring in Dontae Smith to grind them out.

I am hoping the loss at home combined with the guys still missing helps make us sharp this week.

We need to lock in 4theCulture, hold on to the Dang rope, finish the drive and Put The Ball Down And Play Elite Football where Competition is King and we are Great Teammates who are Above the Line with Everyday Champions focused on being a 5 star developmental program.

🍿🍾:gt:👑🏈🏆🏆🏆🏆🥃

Stealing the juice?

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Wow are they idiots or what - their stats show us as the worse team in the ACC? (We are undefeated) Their stats show us as a terrible offensive team? (Were on the top half of the ACC). Wow. They need to check their math and formulas..
Not looking to get into a debate about this, but EPA is not their formula. It is based on down, yards to go, field position and scoring. We are a team that is running a lot of plays right now, and not scoring points. Our per play and per drive metrics are not great due to turnovers and missed kicks.

I think we are better than our stats say due to the nature of our kicking game and turnovers, but it’s hard to blame someone not familiar with our situation to look at well regarded statistical models and assume we aren’t great right now.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
That's all good but-
"Without a MISSED tackle?"--in that fsu game on key 4th down,he not only missed the tackle he didn't TOUCH/whiffed on that QB scramble (no touch,no miss ?)--it was Ryans that caught the guy from behind and tackled him causing the fumble.
I'm sorry- Jackson is ok but one of the big reasons he has so many tackles is that the DL is so decimated that he has lots of chances. When a team runs on you for 240 yds (cfu), there is a problem.
I really hate when GT fans (and alumni) try to explain away the accolades afforded to our student-athletes. Everything you've said above may be true, but...so what? IT IS A POSITIVE COMMENT ABOUT GT FOOTBALL. Stop ****ting all over a positive comment. If you don't agree, that's fine. Keep that **** to yourself.

Deleted member 2897

I think we are better than our stats say due to the nature of our kicking game and turnovers, but it’s hard to blame someone not familiar with our situation to look at well regarded statistical models and assume we aren’t great right now.

I mean that’s the problem. They aren’t putting in any work. They just stated a team with 1 touchdown and 395 offensive yards as having a better offense than one with 5 touchdowns and 920 yards.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I mean that’s the problem. They aren’t putting in any work. They just stated a team with 1 touchdown and 395 offensive yards as having a better offense than one with 5 touchdowns and 920 yards.
Yep. Any of these companies who claim to have 'found the formula' to predict college football outcomes are snake oil salesmen. You might as well go to your local palm reader. But they cover it with 'science' instead of 'mysticism' and we give'm our money like good little followers. Anyway...

Tech wins today with a second half surge after first half sloppy play that follows a great opening drive (and it doesn't take a formula to predict that, just looking at the first two weeks and replicate.) You can send me a check now. :)

Deleted member 2897

Yep. Any of these companies who claim to have 'found the formula' to predict college football outcomes are snake oil salesmen. You might as well go to your local palm reader. But they cover it with 'science' instead of 'mysticism' and we give'm our money like good little followers. Anyway...

Tech wins today with a second half surge after first half sloppy play that follows a great opening drive (and it doesn't take a formula to predict that, just looking at the first two weeks and replicate.) You can send me a check now. :)

Last week I predicted 150 yards and 3 TDs for Gibbs. I’m going to predict the same thing today. Book ‘em Danno!

Deleted member 2897

For some reason I had a dream we got blown out and PH even had a punt go backwards into the goalposts. I sure hope none of that happens.

I had a dream last night (no joke) that I got a ticket for spending more than 1 hour going poop in a public restroom. Where do these dreams come from?