We just...

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
the defense is only going to get better as long as we maintain consistency and our coaching staff.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Plus, I couldn't have written a better bowl season script if I tried. Should be a much better preseason, media wise, than we have had in years.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Call me crazy but I would take our offense over Oregon's every day of the week. I really would. Defense? That is another story. I love the way our guys came together and played hard, but let's face it, we were still a little undermanned going against good offenses. Our opportunism helped us a bunch. Pass rush without having to send 6 remains an issue.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
@swampsting

The players who got themselves kicked off the team created a perception that the fault must belong to the coaching staff and the Institute. Apparently, perception is not reality as the kids on this team showed everyone emphatically that those players were not missed and more importantly NOT needed. The rest of the team had no difficulty following the rules and doing what was asked and expected of them.

A football team is no different than any other organization that requires from time to time the dismissal of those participants who cannot follow the rules. Once those malcontents are given their walking papers, it energizes the rest of the team who can see first hand that everyone is being treated equally based on their own conduct.

IMO the biggest upgrade on his team in eliminating the complainers was shown first hand this past season with a sophomore QB being named team captain by his TEAM. Enough said!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Boy was I down in May when the whoops we have academic problems came up after guys were walking away. We had some admin issues hit and it looked bad. Coach cleaned that up and he started saying positive things about our players. -( because he saw talent) . Proud of the Ratliffe scholarship - standing firm.

Coach knew JT was special but hid the qb draw till absolutely needed - against vt - JT carried the team to victory and this team became his.

I am amazed at JT 'S calmness during the game. It's like he is running the plays as if he did it before and knows what has happened.

The thing about this team is team - per ted roof.

I wear my gt stuff every where.

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
Not only that, but so many of us (not me) were calling this team a "dumpster fire" after the offseason personnel losses. Amazing!

I was just thinking about that today, DCS. When Ty Griffin left, I have to admit, I was very very disappointed and extremely concerned for the program. Goes to show how little you can predict.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I was just thinking about that today, DCS. When Ty Griffin left, I have to admit, I was very very disappointed and extremely concerned for the program. Goes to show how little you can predict.
I really wonder how much of our subtraction was really addition by subtraction.