We have to sellout the Miami game

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
We need T.I. on the sideline again and have him sing "Bring Em Out". If I do remember correctly he was at the 08 game. (High fived dwyer after a first down)

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Regardless, and I know our fans as good as anyone, if we don't have 52k or so yes I will be surprised, and maybe more saddened.

Regardless of your thoughts of CPJ the team won a nice road win at VT and is 4-0, plus a few exciting players. Tech fans just seem to get their feelings hurt quickly. And are cheap. Maybe the cheapest fanbase in the south.

FYI, even when Gailey was doing bad...we still had 52k etc. So I know, its not all CPJ/The Program....maybe other reasons.
Its definitely not MY opinion of CPJ. Im just stating what im seeing over the past 2-3 years. If you dont think that has a major impact on attendance, then I dont know what to tell you. I personally think CPJ is the right man for the job and I think we are lucky to have him as our coach. But the facts are... we arent bringing in sidewalk fans at all right now, and ALOT of our new alums/students are foreigners who dont have a big interest in american football. It is what it is. I hope we pack the joint, and since its a night game I think the probabilties go way up... But dont be surprised to if we see a sparsely populated stadium.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
We need T.I. on the sideline again and have him sing "Bring Em Out". If I do remember correctly he was at the 08 game. (High fived dwyer after a first down)
We really need to tap into the atlanta rap scene... I know the pro teams corner that market well, but we are in the heart of ATL It couldnt hurt to reach out. Gain some street cred and maybe some new fans to put in the seats along with it.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
We really need to tap into the atlanta rap scene... I know the pro teams corner that market well, but we are in the heart of ATL It couldnt hurt to reach out. Gain some street cred and maybe some new fans to put in the seats along with it.
Yes!!!!! 100% agree

Animal02

Banned
FYI, even when Gailey was doing bad...we still had 52k etc. So I know, its not all CPJ/The Program....maybe other reasons.

Attendance is down everywhere.........you can pretty much get every game on T.V. or over the internet. You cannot plan more than a week or two ahead of time WRt attending a game
(thanks to espn) through in security hassles/restrictions on what is allowed in the stadium, etc. etc and it all affects attendance. Unless the big schools push back, attendance will continue to decline.......but I doubt that happens because of the money in TV rights (thanks to Ted Turner)

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Yes, and we could have free pony rides, and reach out to the gang bangers, and don't forget the laser light shows with fireworks..:rolleyes:

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Its definitely not MY opinion of CPJ. Im just stating what im seeing over the past 2-3 years. If you dont think that has a major impact on attendance, then I dont know what to tell you. I personally think CPJ is the right man for the job and I think we are lucky to have him as our coach. But the facts are... we arent bringing in sidewalk fans at all right now, and ALOT of our new alums/students are foreigners who dont have a big interest in american football. It is what it is. I hope we pack the joint, and since its a night game I think the probabilties go way up... But dont be surprised to if we see a sparsely populated stadium.

I guess i dont see how cpj turns fans off more than gailey did

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Just got an e-mail saying less than 1k student tickets left, whats the student allotment? Hopefully lots of students show up

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
My plan is float around and mingle with some tailgating friends, stop off at the Varsity for the traditional "pre game meal" and then get to BDS when the gates open. IM ready to make some hits happen and I'm not even gonna be on the field!

Not baking in the mid day sun is going to be a relief :)

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Living out of state I won't be able to make it to this game(as much as I'd love to be there). Does anyone know if we still have the policy of buying tickets and donating them? To help achieve a sellout I'd be willing to donate a couple to local kids or military families, with the only stipulation being that they wear white.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/093014aai.html

Hope this means the south end zone will be filled:
The lower level student allotment for Saturday’s Miami game has been filled. Students who have already claimed a free single game ticket will need to come to the GT Ticket Office and pick up a wristband. Students will need to show their BuzzCard and wristband to gain entrance into Bobby Dodd Stadium at gate 10 and sit in the South end zone. They can pick up wristbands beginning Wednesday at 9 a.m. up until Friday at 5 p.m.
Students can still claim free tickets in the non-student section:
Students who wish to attend Saturday’s game can still obtain a FREE (non-student section) ticket for a reserved seat by visiting the Georgia Tech Ticket Office beginning Wednesday at 9 a.m. (until Friday at 5 p.m.). Guest passes are no longer available. Students much show a valid BuzzCard to receive a free ticket to the Georgia Tech vs. Miami game at the GTAA Ticket Office.

If you know of any students still looking for tickets, please forward them the above link!

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I guess i dont see how cpj turns fans off more than gailey did
For some its his sideline/media attitude. For some its the offensive system, for some its the recruiting of top notch athletes, for some its losing to the big 4 repeatedly, for some its not keeping/developing players we do get and pumping players into the NFL. Ive heard tons of reasons why they dont like the coach. It may not keep them from watching on TV, But it may keep them from spending money to come see the product on the field. Which sometimes, You have to admit, looks inept. I personally feel that the recruiting is headed in the right direction, weve finally got a QB, who is all in and has alot of talent. I just wish our defense could cover a pass play, regularly. Get off the field on 3rd down every now and then. Ill be there Saturday Night. I hope that we send a message to Duke and the rest of the Coastal that we mean business this year and were coming at everybodys throats.

GT05

Jolly Good Fellow
I am bringing my wife to the game sat. it's her first GT game. I have not been in a while and it will only be the 2 of us. Going to hit the Varsity and yellow jacket alley any other ideas? YJ alley 2 hrs prior, to kickoff right?