We have to sellout the Miami game

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Dying to go, but can't plunge on it this week. Poor college student + small fortune on car repair = no go.

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
Miami doesn't bring many fans. The only times BDS sells out is against teams that can bring a fair number. So while it will be a good crowd on Saturday, there won't be a sellout.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
How many tickets are left from GTAA? All the tickets on Stub Hub et. al. are already "sold".

My daughter got her student ticket yesterday and a White Out T for me :D There will be three of us there for the game!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm still recovering from ankle surgery so my trip to the game is off. I have 2 tickets in the North End Gold Zone if anyone still needs tickets. PM me for info.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Ankle surgery recovery keeping me home so I have 2 tickets in North End Gold Zone if anyone still looking. PM me for info.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
Simple: Midfield nuptuals. Rev. Moore presiding. Ramblin wreck to ferry the happy couple to sideline for 2nd half.
No lie, I know lots of people who'd pay good money for that privilege. Like back in the day at the Braves game with "headlocks and wedlocks..."

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
Also, I'll be in the Virgin Islands for a destination wedding. Suck. Two people that met at a Tech game, too. Just the only way they could make it work in the budget. We will be teaching all the locals "Up with the White and Gold..."

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I will be going, I am a bit surprised after the VT win, a night game etc vs Miami GT isn't closer to filling the stadium. I am really a bit surprised

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I will be going, I am a bit surprised after the VT win, a night game etc vs Miami GT isn't closer to filling the stadium. I am really a bit surprised
Are you really surprised? GT hasnt had much enthusiasm around the program for years now. The only time we fill up the stadium is against well traveling fanbases. Our fanbase is so divided right now, to the point that the other half is so far past fed up with CPJ and everything that comes with him, that they arent coming out or bringing folks with them anymore. Our young alums are not very interested in football. Wont even begin to mention our inability to market the program(is improving)... and the radio talking heads just bash us every chance they get. This is exactly why we NEED this years team to show out and have some big time wins, on big time stages. If not... its just gonna keep going downhill im afraid.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Are you really surprised? GT hasnt had much enthusiasm around the program for years now. The only time we fill up the stadium is against well traveling fanbases. Our fanbase is so divided right now, to the point that the other half is so far past fed up with CPJ and everything that comes with him, that they arent coming out or bringing folks with them anymore. Our young alums are not very interested in football. Wont even begin to mention our inability to market the program(is improving)... and the radio talking heads just bash us every chance they get. This is exactly why we NEED this years team to show out and have some big time wins, on big time stages. If not... its just gonna keep going downhill im afraid.

Regardless, and I know our fans as good as anyone, if we don't have 52k or so yes I will be surprised, and maybe more saddened.

Regardless of your thoughts of CPJ the team won a nice road win at VT and is 4-0, plus a few exciting players. Tech fans just seem to get their feelings hurt quickly. And are cheap. Maybe the cheapest fanbase in the south.

FYI, even when Gailey was doing bad...we still had 52k etc. So I know, its not all CPJ/The Program....maybe other reasons.

Last edited:

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Also, I'll be in the Virgin Islands for a destination wedding. Suck. Two people that met at a Tech game, too. Just the only way they could make it work in the budget. We will be teaching all the locals "Up with the White and Gold..."
No place like Charlotte Amelia (St Thomas) to listen to the ball game!
At least it isn't a noon game. You would be tailgating way early being an hour ahead ;)

GT05

Jolly Good Fellow
looking for 2. My wife has never been to Tech game , she is from cincy. We had back to back babies just now getting out of the house. all that i see are in north endzone, would rather not sit there.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
looking for 2. My wife has never been to Tech game , she is from cincy. We had back to back babies just now getting out of the house. all that i see are in north endzone, would rather not sit there.

Best deal is the Living Social one: $35 Upper North Stands (210/211). $45 Upper East Stands (223/227). Cheaper than Stubhub. Says they come with a $10 food/drink voucher too.

The seats left in 223 are in the upper most rows, there are lower ones in 227 - but that is closer to the "visitor" section on Grant Field.

Just wear white and come cheer the Jackets!