We have no business winning these next two games.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, blatent troll. But...........

according to the recruiting rankings and the disparity in team talent, it's true.

GT ranks #54 in College Football Matrix's 2014 Talent Rankings. I'm pretty sure that did not reflect our offseason losses, either.

Clemson ranks #18

Uga ranks #6

Let that sink in for a minute.

I know a lot of ground can be made up with scheme, coaching, intangibles, heart, team work.... blah, blah, blah....

The raw talent disparity is awesome, for lack of a better word.

All that said, I'd much rather be a GT fan than a Clemson or mutt fan any day of the week and I like our chances in both games.

http://cfbmatrix.com/talent-rankings-2014/

Oh, and if we happen to make the ACCCG, FSU is ranked #3.

Declinometer

Banned
You have got to think that Clemson's defense is already nervous about facing our offense next week. That feeling is going to build until they are totally lost on Saturday.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
The best part of this is a positive trend on our recruiting front. I have always felt that if that number was 20 spots better (34) we would give both teams a lot of trouble. It is great to be a yellow jacket!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Built on your point about talent
The murmur in Athens - rick is great recruiter but...., the players he recruits are not team ...., GT has coaches... , if we are ever..." Grows with each day.

Our negative mind talk is less each day while theirs grows.

We only need to win one part of the game to have a good shot = TO and that's not the triple.
Coach has us right where we need to be - team has a joyous anger - swag I call it.
"Stay angry, my friends as we have 3 games to go. Hair Fire Play!"

UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Cheese, I feel pretty good about the next two games. Clemson is vulnerable (even with Watson) and we always play them tough.

Ugag is the game I'm more worried about. I know we can score on them. I'm not so sure if we can stop them. We'll need some "opportunistic" turnovers that game, for sure.

The best part of this is a positive trend on our recruiting front. I have always felt that if that number was 20 spots better (34) we would give both teams a lot of trouble. It is great to be a yellow jacket!
Definitely, I think just getting the eight wins will solidify the present class, and totally eliminate any defections. The kids can see success and want to be apart of it. Now I know you aren't suppose to do this, . . . . but, if you compare performance against common opponents thus far, we are right up there with the best in the conference. And that includes Florida State and Clemson.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
20.5% against ugag? thats a joke, we took them to double OT last year, and now we have JT5, they are going down

Hope you're right. I know we did some good stuff last year to get pressure on mason, so I hope we got something similar this year however I feel like everything we've got we've already shown on film.

One thing for certain is we will put up more points this year.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Sorry, blatent troll. But...........

according to the recruiting rankings and the disparity in team talent, it's true.

GT ranks #54 in College Football Matrix's 2014 Talent Rankings. I'm pretty sure that did not reflect our offseason losses, either.

Clemson ranks #18

Uga ranks #6

Let that sink in for a minute.

I know a lot of ground can be made up with scheme, coaching, intangibles, heart, team work.... blah, blah, blah....

The raw talent disparity is awesome, for lack of a better word.

All that said, I'd much rather be a GT fan than a Clemson or mutt fan any day of the week and I like our chances in both games.

http://cfbmatrix.com/talent-rankings-2014/

Oh, and if we happen to make the ACCCG, FSU is ranked #3.

I like our chances too.

Miami ranks #17
Virginia Tech ranks #25
and, Mississippi State and Virginia both rank #29.

And according to Al Gore, the polar ice caps should have melted by now.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I like our D vs Mason much more than vs Watson. We can sell out more against the run vs UGA. We sell out vs Watson and he could eat us alive.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First of all, I don't buy the talent index. It is a joke, as are the star rankings. We have the talent that fits our system and that is what is important. We lack some talent and depth in places, especially on defense, but our cupboard is far from bare. The teams we are about ready to go against would love to replace a few of their starters too, but have to make due with who they have. You go to war with the army you have, not the one you wish you had. IMHO we are in the very same place as a program that both UGAg and Climpsum are. The season results reinforce that.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
The talent gap against Clem and Uga has been evident the last few years. We are going in the right direction but to win these next two games this year we need to play our best and catch some breaks.

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
The talent gap against Clem and Uga has been evident the last few years. We are going in the right direction but to win these next two games this year we need to play our best and catch some breaks.

I agree. Clemson has a good D but a suspect O. In general, Clempson uses too much emotion and cannot play the option. This year they may be able to.

UGAg will be a crapshoot. They have played Jekyll and Hyde all year. There is no way to predict the outcome.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
I like our chances if we don't turn the ball over and play half decent on the defensive side of the ball.