We Are All

My brother attended Florida State in 1964. As Bama boys, we all asked, "Who the hell is Florida State?"

My dad bought him a car to drive to school. Drove to campus and on the first day, skipped the curb and hit and tree. My dad was pissed.

"How could you do that?"

"Too many hot chicks to look at Pop."

Never went to a game with the same girl twice.
FSU used to be known for its circus, and, instead of the band appearing at halftime, when FSU came to Atlanta in the 60s, their circus performed instead.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
We were in the final AP Poll every year from 1997-2001. 5 straight years, and not that long ago. With the right leadership it can happen again and be sustained.

I absolutely agree with the statement about accepting mediocrity. That attitude started with Braine, and has been adopted by far too many fans who seem to like excuses more than winning.
It's too bad we can only "like" a response once.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
ummmm, flunkgate? New APR requirements?
I do like the idea of being in the final AP poll five years in a row. I'm confident that with the right leadership, it can be done. It's obviously hard to do but it can be done.

And the Braine part, too.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I did not know that.

It used to be an all girl Teachers College, no?
Yea, they were pretty lousy as I remember (grew up in pensacola). I think in late 50s or early 60s they put together a very aggressive defense know as magnificent 7. they all shaved their heads or at least had very very short hair. dad took us to see them but don't remember a circus.