WCU game

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Something to watch out for is the attitude of the team. From the stands, it appeared to me as though the coaches were acting like it was a scrimmage game. It seemed as though they were more interested in practicing plays and didn't adjust to losing until it was too late in the game. During the NIU game, the players were lackadaisical in subbing onto and off of the field. Another game in another year that the team appeared to be treating the game as a practice game.

I expect that we will win, and I expect that we will win big. However with the way the team has approached lesser teams over the past few years I won't be shocked if it is a contest late in the game. I hope that they actually treat it as a game instead of a scrimmage.
The attitude can be affected by the number of fans in the stands. Last year it was obvious to me sitting in a mostly empty stadium for some games that there was just no energy in the place or with the team.

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The attitude can be affected by the number of fans in the stands. Last year it was obvious to me sitting in a mostly empty stadium for some games that there was just no energy in the place or with the team.
This is why we gotta hope the rain is done by gametime. I fear that many of the free tickets go unused if the weather is bad.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

Clearly we need a larger juice crew to get the team and stadium rocking!! ;)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We need to come out and drop 50+ on these dudes and allow nothing.
1. We could do the Clemson and just run the ball and throw short passes while our defense throttles them.

Yea, that's our plan.
No interceptions and win field position. Bend but dont break on defense.
Then when a player screws up , it's his fault if we loose.

2. Or we could show we are way better than last year and go like our hair is on fire. Win by 30

If 1 , fire the coach.
If 2, the coach is looking better

stech81

Helluva Engineer

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
What are the options if you cut the cable a long time ago, use FireStick and carry the ACC network? Right now it says it’s set to record but that may not be true on game day.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
What are the options if you cut the cable a long time ago, use FireStick and carry the ACC network? Right now it says it’s set to record but that may not be true on game day.
I didn't see the game listed in Saturday's guide for the ACC network. RR.com schedule lists ACC Network extra/ESPN+ which is what @RonJohn suggested if you can watch via web.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I didn't see the game listed in Saturday's guide for the ACC network. RR.com schedule lists ACC Network extra/ESPN+ which is what @RonJohn suggested if you can watch via web.
It shows up on the WatchESPN schedule as being available on both ESPN+ and ACCN Extra. Those show up as two separate streams. I guess you can watch the ACCN Extra stream if you have a cable/sat/streaming subscription that includes ACCN. I guess you can watch ESPN+ stream if you have ESPN+(which is included with Disney Plus). However, I wouldn't be surprised if the ESPN+ stream is blacked out in ACC home territory. People will just have to try tomorrow to see.

If you don't have access to ACCN or ESPN+, then you are out of luck. (or have to use sketchy pirate sites with all kinds of malware popups)

slugboy

Staff member
It shows up on the WatchESPN schedule as being available on both ESPN+ and ACCN Extra. Those show up as two separate streams. I guess you can watch the ACCN Extra stream if you have a cable/sat/streaming subscription that includes ACCN. I guess you can watch ESPN+ stream if you have ESPN+(which is included with Disney Plus). However, I wouldn't be surprised if the ESPN+ stream is blacked out in ACC home territory. People will just have to try tomorrow to see.

If you don't have access to ACCN or ESPN+, then you are out of luck. (or have to use sketchy pirate sites with all kinds of malware popups)
ACCN gets you ACCNX. You have to log in. ESPN+ gets you everything

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Something to watch out for is the attitude of the team. From the stands, it appeared to me as though the coaches were acting like it was a scrimmage game. It seemed as though they were more interested in practicing plays and didn't adjust to losing until it was too late in the game. During the NIU game, the players were lackadaisical in subbing onto and off of the field. Another game in another year that the team appeared to be treating the game as a practice game.

I expect that we will win, and I expect that we will win big. However with the way the team has approached lesser teams over the past few years I won't be shocked if it is a contest late in the game. I hope that they actually treat it as a game instead of a scrimmage.
I hear what you're saying.

I would be shocked if we approach any team the way we approached those two opponents. To me, there's no way that happens.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
ACCN gets you ACCNX. You have to log in. ESPN+ gets you everything
I don't think so. Their streaming offerings are very confusing. I don't think ESPN+ gets you access to things that are offered through normal TV subscription services. You still have to login thru a subscription service for those streams even if you have ESPN+.

In the case of this game, it is shown in the schedule on both ESPN+ and ACCNX.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I hear what you're saying.

I would be shocked if we approach any team the way we approached those two opponents. To me, there's no way that happens.
I certainly hope we don't. I stated it as something to watch for because the team definitely should not approach any team that way. I was very pleased that they weren't confused and/or late on substitutions Monday night. They weren't looking to the sideline for a play call extremely late Monday night. I want to see them use this as a scrimmage game, but not start that until they are up by 30-40 points.