Way too early analysis - GT v. Alcorn

PantherWreck

Georgia Tech Fan
It has been years, yes years, since we've had more than Gotsis getting a push on the DL. I tried to watch JH closely and was surprised at his lack of push. I did though notice him go around an OL with amazing quickness considering his size.
The lack of DL push against FCS teams in some of those noon kickoffs made me sick to my stomach. That was not the case on Thursday night.
Cautiously optimistic here,
pw

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
It has been years, yes years, since we've had more than Gotsis getting a push on the DL. I tried to watch JH closely and was surprised at his lack of push. I did though notice him go around an OL with amazing quickness considering his size.
The lack of DL push against FCS teams in some of those noon kickoffs made me sick to my stomach. That was not the case on Thursday night.
Cautiously optimistic here,
pw

Most of the time you are not going to bull rush your 4 down linemen. If you do the QB steps up and breaks the contain. I think Hunt's job was to take away the inside run of the QB. Gostis drew the double team and in conjunction with Freeman collapsed the pocket forcing the QB to get rid of the football before he was ready. That is the concept behind getting pressure with 4 guys, take away the run inside and force a quick decision.

When Davis blitzed, Hunt moved the O lineman to clear the blitz lane and disrupt the protection.

That is what I want to see against ND.

Last year we had to use more edge pressure because we had a hard time disrupting the pass protection inside. This is one reason we were not sound in filling the running lanes.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The guys on ESPN game day just said they think GT will beat ND and one said GT is a for real team and is a top 10 team, sounds like some guys actually did their research on us.

And the ESPN change of heart comes from us whipping a fcs team???.....more homework assignments for them is needed.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
All that matters is winning for computer rankings. Didn't get it done.
I am of mixed mind about this SEC vs. ACC thing. Like everybody, or most everybody I suppose, I was excited at the bowl games, one in particular. And weary of the SEC emphasis everywhere I look. I even rooted for UNC, and that was hard because I think they have gotten away with it and will get away with it -- "it" being the cheating. All that said, and maybe I am rationalizing after Saturday, in my heart I really care about the GT vs. SEC, whether regular season, Georgia and if others, and a bowl game. That's my dessert. All else is whipped cream.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It is easy to make too much out of this weekend in the ACC vs SEC grudge match. I saw much of both the games. Anybody who watched, and cared to be objective at all, saw ACC teams that were very competitive against their supposedly better counter parts. In fact, in both games, the ACC, I believe, out-gained their opponents and did enough to win if they didn't make crushing or boneheaded mistakes. Neither game was evidence of SEC domination, but rather SEC good fortune. UNC gave up 3 TOs (to zero) with at least one in the EZ and lost by 4. Louisville handed Auburn about 20 points with stupid mistakes, and then, while still having a chance to win, completely mismanaged the clock and their TOs at the end. It was a total embarrassment.

The SEC homers and US, both need to chill a little and watch the season play out.

Carober18

Georgia Tech Fan
I thought that, if yesterday was an indication, Louisville would beat Auburn more times than they would lose to them, or at least it was very even. I thought Louisville outplayed Auburn save the boneheaded plays.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
The SEC homers and US, both need to chill a little and watch the season play out.
Amen. However, ain't gonna happen. It's the shrill voice of media shills that foment these debates in a manner which can take the fun out of being a fan. Like Skeptic said, I am really a fan of Tech anyway. In fact, I hardly ever watch any other sporting events besides ones in which my team is competing.