Wake Forest

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Doninant! Still giddy over what these 2 guys did back-to-back. GO YELLOW JACKETS!!!

This is what gives me hope for the rest of the year and the ACC (potentially NCAA too) tournament as these guys have pitched extremely well this year and have been consistent. They have both only really had 2 bad starts apiece and have dominated some pretty good lineups throughout the ACC. They have also pitched well on the road and Curry's 2nd best start came at NC State.

LibertyTurns

Banned
This is what gives me hope for the rest of the year and the ACC (potentially NCAA too) tournament as these guys have pitched extremely well this year and have been consistent. They have both only really had 2 bad starts apiece and have dominated some pretty good lineups throughout the ACC. They have also pitched well on the road and Curry's 2nd best start came at NC State.
You win those first 2 games in the ACCT with this format and it’s huge.

Deleted member 2897

I has a sad. It’s starting to look like we may outscore Wake by 10 runs but only go 2-1.

Deleted member 2897

Bases loaded for us, 1 out in B7 and we score nothing. Still down 6-3. Not good. BUT, still 2 sets of at-bats left...

Deleted member 2897

Annnnnd another man in scoring position left in B8. Still down 6-3. I has a sad.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Hitting with RISP and our bullpen continues to be our downfall. Bullpen not as much as hitting with RISP today.

Note—I am writing this before T9, so hopefully Carpenter takes care of business here.

Deleted member 2897

Even if we lose today, the team did what it needed to do and won the series. Sweep Radford, then win the series from Virginia and Duke to finish off the year.

Is that you Fred?

Just kidding, thanks for helping remind me the world is not ending.

Deleted member 2897

Yup, 2 more left on in the 9th. By my count, in B7/8/9 we left 6 men on base with 0 runs.

Outscored them 15-7 in the series but couldn’t quite pull out the sweep.

I really want to sweep Radford, beat Georgie, then go 2-1 at Virginie. I believe that would take us to something like 30-22.

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
All I can ask of a coach is to be fair to all his players and give each the opportunity to prove himself in battle. This experiment with the anointed adonis Baron Von Radwhiff has to end. Hall is an absolute joke for continually sending him out to hit, but an even bigger joke for offering him a baseball scholly to begin with. Mind boggling ignorance. And please don't offer the trite excuse of his unlimited upside. Need to move on and give someone else a shot. I guarantee you that Cole Neuber can at least put the ball in play.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
All I can ask of a coach is to be fair to all his players and give each the opportunity to prove himself in battle. This experiment with the anointed adonis Baron Von Radwhiff has to end. Hall is an absolute joke for continually sending him out to hit, but an even bigger joke for offering him a baseball scholly to begin with. Mind boggling ignorance. And please don't offer the trite excuse of his unlimited upside. Need to move on and give someone else a shot. I guarantee you that Cole Neuber can at least put the ball in play.
I was disappointed to see him in the lineup today. I was hoping that Serratos would be the DH.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Even if we lose today, the team did what it needed to do and won the series. Sweep Radford, then win the series from Virginia and Duke to finish off the year.

I don’t agree. This series was our best chance to sweep an ACC foe - instead, we still have to win both ACC series to get to a .500 conference record (which I think is a must for a NCAAT berth). Additionally, these home losses to low-RPI teams hurt. We're down to 55(!) in the RPI today, from 42 before the loss.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I don’t agree. This series was our best chance to sweep an ACC foe - instead, we still have to win both ACC series to get to a .500 conference record (which I think is a must for a NCAAT berth). Additionally, these home losses to low-RPI teams hurt. We're down to 55(!) in the RPI today, from 42 before the loss.
Which is what I said. We have put ourselves in a position to make the NCAAs by winning the last 2 ACC series. All we have to do is win them imo and then win 1 or 2 in the ACCT. We had to win this series, we didn't necessarily had to have a sweep though. Yes, it would have been nice, but the team did what it needed to do.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Which is what I said. We have put ourselves in a position to make the NCAAs by winning the last 2 ACC series. All we have to do is win them imo and then win 1 or 2 in the ACCT. We had to win this series, we didn't necessarily had to have a sweep though. Yes, it would have been nice, but the team did what it needed to do.

Do you think we get in with a .500 ACC record and ~50 RPI? I don't think we do. That's what we're looking at if we win both the Duke and UVA series 2-1, lose to UGA, and sweep Radford/SEMO.

I'm also scared of @UVA - they just got swept by Clemson by a total margin of 3 runs, losing three 1-run games. They took 2/3 from Louisville, losing the 3rd game by... 1 run. They took one game from UNC, which we didn't manage, and were kept from a sweep of VT... by 1 run. Two of their losses to Miami were by... 1 run.